Meet Pearl, New Horse

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have continued with "talk to the hand" while Pearl tries to get around me, she even tries to run in behind me, but I head her off. I feel like a cutting horse after a calf. LOL So this evening, after we did the feed dance and I let her eat, I scratched her on both sides, then pushed on her chest and told her to back. She did! Pearl backed away from her feed that she so desperately wanted! I let her stop and stand for a moment, then stepped aside and let her eat again. This tells me that she is compliant, not a hot head and will listen to me.

I am real excited to report something that I had not mentioned, but she has no more wet farts! Her gut and intestinal tract was so messed up, to start with, that she pooped undigested pieces of hay. When she had gas, liquid gooshed out and splattered on her back legs. She passed liquid when she pooped too. I figured her gut bacteria was dead or practically nonexistent due to her being so starved. I gave her the Garlic Barrier for worms twice, then gave her 8 ounces of live culture yogurt. I gave her Garlic Barrier again. Tomorrow I will finally worm her with the horse wormer, an ivermectin product. I will wait a few days to let it clear out of her system, then give her the yogurt again. But the GREAT NEWS is that her intestinal tract is back on track and no more wet farts! I don't see pieces of undigested hay in her poop any more, I do believe Pearl is on her way to good health. Also tomorrow I will take new pictures, it will be her 2 week anniversary with us.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have continued with "talk to the hand" while Pearl tries to get around me, she even tries to run in behind me, but I head her off. I feel like a cutting horse after a calf. LOL So this evening, after we did the feed dance and I let her eat, I scratched her on both sides, then pushed on her chest and told her to back. She did! Pearl backed away from her feed that she so desperately wanted! I let her stop and stand for a moment, then stepped aside and let her eat again. This tells me that she is compliant, not a hot head and will listen to me.

I am real excited to report something that I had not mentioned, but she has no more wet farts! Her gut and intestinal tract was so messed up, to start with, that she pooped undigested pieces of hay. When she had gas, liquid gooshed out and splattered on her back legs. She passed liquid when she pooped too. I figured her gut bacteria was dead or practically nonexistent due to her being so starved. I gave her the Garlic Barrier for worms twice, then gave her 8 ounces of live culture yogurt. I gave her Garlic Barrier again. Tomorrow I will finally worm her with the horse wormer, an ivermectin product. I will wait a few days to let it clear out of her system, then give her the yogurt again. But the GREAT NEWS is that her intestinal tract is back on track and no more wet farts! I don't see pieces of undigested hay in her poop any more, I do believe Pearl is on her way to good health. Also tomorrow I will take new pictures, it will be her 2 week anniversary with us.
I am so happy .... for you and Pearl...sounds like your girl is on her way tp beauty queen status !

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay, when we were out in the country roads on our toy riding, we came across a neat house that in the front ,by the road ...had a handsome morgan gelding....we slowed down and stopped....him and i locked eyes as he ran to the fence, i got off the side by side and crossed my arms and slowly approched him....he was just streching his neck as far as he could, when i was in front of him i still kept my arms crossed as he smelled and started lovin up on me, i didn't give him any scratches till he took my shirt cuff into his mouth and gave me a tug ....i fell in love...even as we quietly rode away we still were looking at each other...what a ladies man ! Coat, mane and tail were beautiful, you could tell he is well taken care of.....

Last edited:

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
You couldnt figure out how to stuff him in the backseat of your car? Bummer!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today marks two weeks that we have had Pearl. She has gained some weight and must feel better. The dogs ran all around her, Carson the puppy ran under her belly. She finally got annoyed when Trip went up behind her to sniff her back legs. Pearl laid her ears back , began a squeal and was raising her back leg. I snatched at the halter, AAHHNNNTTTT!!!!!! And she stopped as quick as she started.

22b9baaa-9d06-4f6c-87cc-a5de15ca7397-jpeg.8982

f247dfef-f055-46b4-93c5-6f1b7c1fc678-jpeg.8983

cac43908-c26c-46ba-bd8c-cc67f53c899f-jpeg.8984

ffb472ff-73c8-4bc0-a8f6-fc3f8e73f79f-jpeg.8985