MELS. NEW ADVENTURES

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not as many as Australia! I bet Greybeard has charts showing logistics! He has so much information, I bet he could find me a place with the least number of poisonous snakes and spiders! California has a lot too. In fact, the Mojave Green (a type of rattlesnake in the Mojave) is a highly aggressive and poisonous snake that will not only strike and kill you without provocation, but will actually pursue you if you try to escape it! A park ranger said he was checking camp sites when one of them struck at him. It missed and he ran back to his truck with the snake following him at top speed! He said once he was safe in his truck, the snake struck repeatedly at his tires until he drove away! Lots of true stories about the aggression of the Mojave Green

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our dogs have alerted us of snakes too, I just love these dogs!

And for some reason, once the dogs start barking the goats come running and try to sniff the snake :thTalk about stress on the dogs and us! They will try to keep the goats away, but you know how it is, sometimes kids just don’t listen :old
Blue is smart and will stay on the snake but doesn’t seem to get bit. Pete on the other hand, oh that boy was a riot! He’d bite down on the snake, then moving up and down it’s body crushing it’s spine. Once it was no longer “crunchy” he’d keep his snake for weeks on end. He just loved his snakes. Sometimes you’d find it tucked away in the barn, other times he’d just carry it around. Thankfully he never got to a copperhead! He was a hoot. Gosh I miss that dog.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH went to get pizza, Mel is waiting for him to return ......
20190314_152510.jpg