CrockpotGodess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Know anybody good near me up in New England. Everybody I like the look of (breeder not goats, the goats are all darn adorable) is 600-800miles away. Might be going for a long trip to start my foundation herd. Oh yeah I got the goat bug bad.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
They still might... just not sure if I will breed them yet.
I did get a call from a repeat client. I may sell one bred in August/Sept. I just want a doe back if possible... we will see. She is really easy to work with and is on the list for several other goats.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway... a little venting...

Even though I started another line we still have some line breeding... so I have been keeping my eyes open. I have put lots of inquiries out over the past few weeks. :\

Biggest peeve- why do people use FB and then want to message 8 million times and send pics etc?
PLEASE build a website! :barnie:barnie:barnie It doesn't have to be perfect... just something more than cute kids for sale. :barnie

The website tells me some very important things-

~What you test for.... this right here will eliminate the majority of the conversations. If you don't test - scratch.
~Pricing- that is a big one too!
~ PICTURES! this lets me see the GOAT! I really want to see more than an udder. If you cannot include the whole rear showing the top of the rump down to the feet- :barnie how do I know what the goat looks like? foreudder, rear udder, side udder... those are pretty helpful. Any of those in a single pic can be quite deceptive. Side view can hide horribly flares out teats, teat placement.
And the list goes on...
~When sending udder pics..... what about the info? How fresh?, what freshening? Hours filled? Overly full udders hide a great deal... be honest!
~Sire/Dam... other info? There are some lines I just won't touch. Period!

This way I can take time look at what the person has, breeding styles, production info etc... then I can inquire or not.

The NOT part is important. Hate it when I get a bunch of pics in a message from an inquiry and I know there is no way but now I have to find a polite way of saying that. :(
Then there are the ones you love but may not advance your program. Especially the mini's. I could care less about the generation but everything else... yep pretty important.
There are really nice goats out there and sometimes a particular breeding just flops... happens to everyone.... so having a website allows people to see all the good animals too.
A basic website that is simple (many free) that boils down to click and paste and you type in a little info is easy and takes far less time than doing all that on messenger through FB.
It gives so much more info.

ok- rant/vent over

CrockpotGodess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I hear your rant on the sites. A lot of people near me have very outdated sites. Or no site. Some are on facebook but it makes looking up information on the goats they are selling nearly impossible. And to add to the difficulty they refer you to the site. . .:he:caf

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hear your rant on the sites. A lot of people near me have very outdated sites. Or no site. Some are on facebook but it makes looking up information on the goats they are selling nearly impossible. And to add to the difficulty they refer you to the site. . .:he:caf

I am certainly guilty of not always keeping up. I do try. :)
I am working on mine now... Probably will publish it later this week.
Then again after kidding I will need to update pics for udders etc. :th

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am pretty excited about the minis this year.
I was looking over the kidding schedule and Bingo is due this month.
Jane is due April.
Trouble is due June.

I realized I have no real pics of Jane from this past year. We didn't show her. She kidded in June (mid) and the heat took its toll.
I don't think I will ever breed a standard for kidding after April. It was a nightmare. The two goats that did kid in the heat tanked.

So not the greatest pics because we weren't milking her much, trying to balance it all.
She was 17 months old and first freshener.
Very excited about her 2nd freshening!

8 hours -
Jane FF udder (4) - Copy.JPG

bred to Isaac
One Fine Acre FR Isaac .JPG

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:weee:weee:weee

I am just so excited about the minis this year.
I know I sound like a broken record. Hmmm wonder how many people even know what a record is.:D

Anyway I was looking for some pics of Zephyr when she was young. :idunno I finally found a pic from the day we brought her home. It is a TERRIBLE pic. She is not set up, use to a lead, and even though she was a sweetheart she was in a new place.
The whole reason for the pic is to show how much her Mini Mancha daughter looks like her! :ep
This pic of Bingo is EQUALLY BAD! :lol: She is never on a lead.. she follows us so this lead thing is strange to her ...ignore that if you can.
She will be 2 a week after she kids! 2nd FF
I love this line up because both sides have such great genetics and udders! Sire's dam had a gorgeous udder (she was put down after another goat hit her so hard she shattered her femur :()
Zephyr has a beautiful mammary.
These kids should be AWESOME! I could care less about what type ears they have.

Bingo's daughter Deanna from last year was also bred to Henry. I am hoping to but a doe back out of her, if her new owner is willing to part with one. They will probably be eared but again, I don't care.
I have also included Zephyrs bloopers pic from the State Fair. She took first place in 3 year olds under Judge Jenn Tereba, in open. (She was 2nd in youth under Julie Mathys)

Zephyrs 2F udder
Bingo's FF udder
Star (Sires Dam) 2F udder
A pic of Deanna (Bingo's kid from 2017) are HERE

Zephyr as a baby 5-6 months I think
Zephyr as a baby - new goat (1).JPG

Daughter (mini) BINGO!
Bingo- .JPG

I cannot believe how much they look alike!
Blooper from State Fair
1022171602_Film4.jpg

Bingo with the yellow collar
043 - Copy.JPG

Next year- Prynne X Ruth Buck :D =D:D =D:D =D