Missing lgd

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
113C2472-AC7C-4757-B62B-1C72F12AD43B.jpeg Hen roosting next to lgd. She’s pretty confident. Thought I’d lighten things up.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Have more social media going. No news. Dogs howling. Coyotes too. War goes on.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Coyotes definitely have us on their radar. Dogs are holding them off. Sure miss Sam. You don’t realize what all they do til they aren’t doing it. No news but lots of coverage. New lambs born. We’re all busy.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coyotes definitely have us on their radar. Dogs are holding them off. Sure miss Sam. You don’t realize what all they do til they aren’t doing it. No news but lots of coverage. New lambs born. We’re all busy.
Would leaving some music and lights on in the barn area keep them at a safe distance ????

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your dogs run them off, and they come back...maybe even because someone else's dogs are running them back to you.
Best way to deal with troublesome coyotes is with a bullet. 5.56 is 21ȼ each. I've yet to see one come back from that.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your dogs run them off, and they come back...maybe even because someone else's dogs are running them back to you.
Best way to deal with troublesome coyotes is with a bullet. I've yet to see one come back from that.
I am sure that is true, deal with coyotes with a bullet......that is a darn good method except for one thing. I need my sleep and I can get that sleep with my dogs on duty. I cannot and will not stay up at night with a red dot scope and rifle to protect my sheep. My dogs keep the coyotes away, I get my sleep. Win/win Losing one of my dogs would be tough.