1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hay Baler - Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Molasses for NDG kid to give probiotics?

Discussion in 'Feeding Time - Goats' started by Miranda Kurucz, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Jun 18, 2017
    Miranda Kurucz

Miranda Kurucz Ridin' The Range

For sure -- when we got him back on to getting milk at 9 weeks (when he came home) it seemed to clear up some dog poo style poops we were getting.. and turn them back to berries. after each milk feeding his belly seemed to be more stable? I don't know if that's just crazy talk. The "Goat Whisperer" here that I was directed to by a bunch of people (She actually lives in southern bc so it isn't someone close who could come out) had mentioned she will keep her babies on milk as long as she can supplementing as she finds they end up with stronger immune systems. Any substance to that claim do you think? He was the smallest in a quad. At this point I'm just trying to finish off the last 2L of goat milk bahaha

They seem to be doing good!! They are great little dudes -- super friendly! They get really spunky for kids which is adorable. They are loving their goat boat-- and they are desperate to get more time out and about in the yard now that they've had small tastes of freedom! They are going through more hay than I had expected lol -- I can't believe it.

2. Jun 18, 2017
    Goat Whisperer

Goat Whisperer Herd Master

It feeds the fever and makes it worse.

Miranda Kurucz likes this.
  3. Jun 18, 2017
    babsbag

babsbag Herd Master

Interesting. I never feed molasses at all except for the grain but just curious. And if a goat had a fever I would most likely pull the grain too.

Miranda Kurucz likes this.