Mountain lion help please.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
I'm a better shot with a pistol. I spent one summer picking goofers out of the south lawn with it. DH didn't believe me because the bodies kept disappearing before he got home. So one weekend I showed him and then he saw the bodies disappear--the cats of course.
You are my opposite. I fail big time with a pistol. I'm an OK shot with a .22 rifle, which, beside my deer shotgun, is just about the only thing my DF lets me handle.

Also, technically, a .22 could take down nearly anything, if you are the world's best shot, a .22 is all you need.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
Farmer Kitty said:
I'm a better shot with a pistol. I spent one summer picking goofers out of the south lawn with it. DH didn't believe me because the bodies kept disappearing before he got home. So one weekend I showed him and then he saw the bodies disappear--the cats of course.
You are my opposite. I fail big time with a pistol. I'm an OK shot with a .22 rifle, which, beside my deer shotgun, is just about the only thing my DF lets me handle.

Also, technically, a .22 could take down nearly anything, if you are the world's best shot, a .22 is all you need.
I wouldn't have attempted to take that bull that was in our pasture down with a .22.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
Farmer Kitty said:

I wouldn't have attempted to take that bull that was in our pasture down with a .22.
Neither would have I. It's not safe. But it CAN be done.

Sherry

Just born
Reaction score
I too have a Mt. Lion in my neck of the woods. I spoke with my DNR guy about it. He told me the wildlife biologists would tell me there are no Mt. Lions in So. WV and if I had to to SSS.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sherry said:
I too have a Mt. Lion in my neck of the woods. I spoke with my DNR guy about it. He told me the wildlife biologists would tell me there are no Mt. Lions in So. WV and if I had to to SSS.
Here it would have been the DNR denying it and telling you if you did see one that you had better not SSS.

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
we have the big kitties here too,although i am confused. if they do not exist, why can't we shoot our imaginary kitty? he didn't exist, i didn' shoot it :duc

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
currycomb said:
we have the big kitties here too,although i am confused. if they do not exist, why can't we shoot our imaginary kitty? he didn't exist, i didn' shoot it :duc
EXACTLY! How can you "get rid of" something that does not exist? Answer, you cant. ;)

homesteadingcowgirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I don't understand why all of the "Dept.'s" pretend like there are not those kind of critters around. We saw a wolf this spring, my neighbors saw a bear this week and another neighbor saw a bear on the highway last Oct. There have been mountain lions in town, but unless a certain person from a certain department takes certain pictures then it never happened. Grrr

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Sadly, we have taken pics of our mountain lion, or at least ONE of them. Fish and Game said it was a bad pic of a coyote. Uh, hello? Cuz it's NOT A COYOTE!!! :he

Latest posts