Mountain lion help please.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
laughingllama75 said:
Sadly, we have taken pics of our mountain lion, or at least ONE of them. Fish and Game said it was a bad pic of a coyote. Uh, hello? Cuz it's NOT A COYOTE!!! :he
Around here it's open season on coyote so, if it's a coyote it legal to shot it. Hmmmmm...............

Bronco Hollow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here if they are a problem, the tracker will come and trap it - same as for a bear causing a problem.

We also have a cougar that seems to come through every so often, it usually goes for our neighbors small goats - even though he has Lamas and Donks as herd protectors. Rarely have I seen one in daylight... I wouldn't want to sit the dark stalking one!

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:( sold a pony to a guy yesterday, he said he lost a full size mare and a pony to a cougar. he saw the cougar get off the pony not very far from the barn he was riding in, in broad daylight. another report of a horse being taken down by a cougar, and it coming back a week later for the pony it missed the first time, all this within 20 miles of my place, and i understand they have a 200 mile radius roaming territory. i fear for my ponies and goats. hope all the noisey dogs keep them away. :(

spectrumranch

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Bronco Hollow said:
Here if they are a problem, the tracker will come and trap it - same as for a bear causing a problem.

We also have a cougar that seems to come through every so often, it usually goes for our neighbors small goats - even though he has Lamas and Donks as herd protectors. Rarely have I seen one in daylight... I wouldn't want to sit the dark stalking one!

Llamas are great guard animals but cougars are one predator that can kill them. Some friends that bought llamas from us in northern WI had a cougar kill a llama and eat it.

Guard dogs seem to be the best deterrent for cougars.

Latest posts