My Happy Place- Videos of my Farm

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your pigs are too cute. How old are they? I've always had super friendly barrows and our gilts are never as sweet. It's a bummer!

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your pigs are too cute. How old are they? I've always had super friendly barrows and our gilts are never as sweet. It's a bummer!
8 months I believe. They were born around saint pattys.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Funny story @Bruce the chickens use the sheep as a step stool to get in the barn before its time for dinner. Though now that the sheep are out in the field they cannot do it anymore. Btw, you better tell my pig to stop being mean because the point of removing his testes was to avoid him being testy ! He bit my brother yesterday and broke the skin a bit. I have to educate my family on how to tell the two barrows apart before they get hurt. As much as sending Kev to freezer camp early sounds awesome at this point, I am willing to put up with him until next summer. There meat is so good, so we are definitly going to wait. Hopefully he will be so fat by then he wont try anything.

Not sure bout the fence posts, I don't pay attention to that. I "work" with the animals, my brother and dad do the actual work :lol:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, Kev does sound like a bad boy! "suckling" pig for T-day anyone? Those aren't little pot bellied pet pigs, I bet he gets bigger and stronger ;) and that will make him potentially more dangerous.

I don't know about training pigs, other than that they are smart animals and can learn lots of things.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow so they're not a traditional full size hog. Mine were 250lbs at 6 months. Yours are little! I would be tempted to eat him early, biting pigs are not good! They can do some serious damage!

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't done a video in a while, Im currently uploading two documenting our 2017 lambing. But enjoy this simple yet sweet video.