Naked baby bunny- not mites

Smileybans

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This is BB.
8DF784A8-6F1B-4629-8762-86C809B7ABB0.jpeg
D8ED31CF-D506-42B9-8100-07D4898D325D.jpeg
D61DAFA7-01E8-4C00-8AE8-5CE9A0707904.jpeg

She is four weeks old. She has had hair loss since she was three weeks old and she’s the runt. Her parents are brother sister and this is their second litter. On accident. She has seen the vet and the vet says she looks normal. Except the hair loss. Her hair was not pulled out. It fell out. This was her a week ago.
8E4DF782-CEBB-45C6-A2AE-370F6E204689.jpeg

Her fur was falling off onto my sweater in little clumps. Once her back and tummy were clean of fur she stopped shedding fur. Her head and feet have kept their fur. It looks like she might be growing some peach fuzz back it could be the color of her skin changing too. I’m not sure.

The vet said it doesn’t look like she’s doing it to herself. It might be stress or a mineral deficiency. None of her litter mates have any hair loss. She lived outside in an old chicken run but is now inside because it’s cold here. Has anyone seen anything like this before? I have posted about her on BYC but thought someone here might have seen something like this.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I replied to your other post about this issue...

But here you mention the old chicken run...

Is it possible a metal poisoning thing? She might have chewed off the welds on chicken wire... chicken wire isn't strong enough for rabbits....

And that would be ...zinc poisoning? Does that cause hair loss?

:idunno

Smileybans

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I replied to your other post about this issue...

But here you mention the old chicken run...

Is it possible a metal poisoning thing? She might have chewed off the welds on chicken wire... chicken wire isn't strong enough for rabbits....

And that would be ...zinc poisoning? Does that cause hair loss?

:idunno
Thank you for replying to both. I didn’t use chicken wire in the run actually. I used HC and plastic coated dog fencing. But the dog fencing they can’t get to because its covered in HC. This is their enclosure. The snow here wrecked the roof. The metal gate was meant to keep the babies inside but they can fit through it. 🤦‍♀️ It’s seeming more and more like I should ask the vet about blood work though
668AD3FE-6FA1-4205-BEAB-EFE932210E94.jpeg

Latest posts