neener92; new pictures!

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey guys! Haven't updated you all in a while! Sorry! Thanks for the Merry Christmas by the way! :)

Well, where do I start. That guard dog is now tied in the barn since him and my puppy 'Silas' killed all my chickens but one. Silas has a new home where he will be an inside dog, that really is best for him he was too sweet to be outside. My heart is very sad though and I miss my "Sally Brained" a lot! I called him Sally Brained cause he wasn't the brightest crayon on the box. The guard dog Bear is now tied in the barn, we both hate this! I am having some trouble finding him a home that isn't too far away and has sheep for Bear. This drives me nuts having to get rid of these two boys, I HATE getting rid of dogs but when you loose upwards of 50 chickens over a 3 year period enough is enough! Yea, I shouldn't have let it go on that long but I was trying to work with them. Lotta good that did! :rolleyes:
Bear might be going to a new home today with someone that is awesome with dogs, they live away from other houses and have another dog that Bear can buddy up with. Keep your fingures crossed....the only bad thing about this is they don't have sheep. :fl
I got a Great Pyr Sunday, 4 and a half month old female....I am deff training her around poultry! She's intelligent!
3557_dfh.jpg

The two milk cows are doing well, sassy as ever! They are both spoiled brats! That cute little bull isn't so little anymore, he is still a knuckle head!
3557_img_0707.jpg

We lost a beef calf the other night at birth, momma had her in the woods and the calf got stuck under a tree limb. She didn't get any milk and wasn't completely dried off....it was cold out. Made me very sad! :(

Goats are heavily preggers! First ones due the 19th! :weee There's only four due this month...all around the same time. I'm totally excited!!!

Foxes are getting brave! They'll have their day once my blue heeler Bentley gets a hold of them. They are such beautiful creatures why do they have to be such sneaky brats!?
Here's Bentley, the best dog ever! He used to kill chickens but I was able to break him of it. Amazing dog!
3557_img_0322.jpg

And I'll add a pic of the old man. :love The dog that made Bentley so amazing! My grandpa raised this dog and I've never seen a dog like him! At one point (when 'Squirt' wasn't so old) there were not squirrels, groundhogs, foxes, raccoons, and possums around. When I was younger I didn't know these critters existed! He kept them away from the farm. Now that he is old I'm seeing these critters all too often. Poor fella hardly has any teeth left too. Oh, I love this old man!
Squirty is a chocolate lab/border collie, he's at least 12 years old.
3557_img_0702.jpg

Four Winds Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry about your chickens and calf!!:( Good luck finding a home for Bear! :fl
Your new pup is georgous!!!!! Have you named her yet?
Lol, I have a old dog like Squirty too, they are amazing dogs and irreplaceable!!!!!

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks! Farm life can be tough sometimes as everyone on here I'm sure knows.

She is gorgeous and growing like a weed! I named her Katy, her original name was Caroline, but I figured Katy would be a little easier.

Oh, that dog could never be replaced, I can't say enough about him. My grandpa was amazing at training dogs, he was the one that raised Squirt and trained him....I like to think I have a little of that in me as well.

neener92

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the milk stand my boyfriend and dad made me a few weeks ago(better late than never). We didn't do any measurements but it turned out perfect.. It probably sturdy enough to hold a cow if it could fit...LOL I love it!
3557_img_0818-001.jpg

It is freezing out...literally! The thermometer reads 15 degrees....burrr! Everything is getting watered two to three times a day, talk about a pain in the rear! Its so cold out I have to bring gallon water jugs inside to fill up.