slifeh

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey! Just a new member ... I raise goats and also have had a few rabbits.. I currently have a Dutch rabbit that i named Oreo. I also have Boer goats and a few Boer crosses. Last year was the first time i ever kidded any goats and had 100% success, it was quite the learning experience... it involved a mom not accepting her kid, a few enemas, and mainly just a lot of time spent babysitting. I unfortunately lost one about a month ago to what the vet thinks was parasites. The vet also recommended deworming two to three times a year but i know we shouldn't deworm them unless necessary. I've got more goats going to be kidding within four months and hoping this time I'll be more prepared! Anyways, have a great rest of your day.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spring warm up signals the parasites to become active. Giving birth also activates parasites. A fecal exam is the one sure way to know what their worm load is, what they have and what to treat for. Don't pick up the poop off the ground, it becomes contaminated...... keep a latex glove in your pocket and play catch! Or you can glove up and reach in with a couple of fingers and get a sample. Turn the glove inside out, put goat's name on it with a sharpie pen. Take to the vet.

Welcome to the forum. Can you please put your location on your avatar?

Latest posts