Nigerian Dwarf Doeling producing milk - pregnant?

Humblebeginningshomestead

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Our kit is ready, and Gouda continues to expand. I haven’t seen any drastic udder development but I’m definitely on kid watch. This morning I was able to feel slight movement on her right side and in front of her Udder. So I imagine we are in our last few weeks. Her backside continues to swell. Fingers crossed for delivery on a day that’s not bitter cold here!

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
For all following: I have a kidding pen made for Gouda. The pen is In our garage that is attached to the house, so she will be much closer by than if left down with our others. The question is - when do I move her? I can easily feel kids moving within her for the past week. She turned 7 months old on the 21st of December. I don’t want to stress her by removing her from the herd too early but I want to make sure I’m there for her and not assisting a birth in the dead cold down across the property. Thoughts?

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does she have any friends you could bring up with her? We usually bring ours up when they start to look like they are nearing kidding, but of course we know when our girls are due. We do tend to bring our young does up earlier, because we've had them kid early.

You could try to bring her up now and see how she adjusts.

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi all, I brought Gouda and another doe up on the 1st to the kidding pen. Her udder is filling and I’ve been watching her like a hawk. This morning I noticed I can’t feel baby movement the way I have previous days. She has started with clear “drippy” mucus discharge. Not a lot, just notable to me because I’m always checking her out. I’ve noticed a change in her tail posture, looking more “hook like”. Today is my birthday and I was hoping for birthday babies, but I feel we will be waiting forever!

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Today Gouda is losing her mucus plug, we have lessened kid movement, and her ligaments are softening.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
So exciting!! My Nubian is trying to drive me crazy she about go just waiting for the popping I can wait to see pictures of the your kids!!