Non-Climb 2"x4" Horse Wire Fence

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The sheep were uncertain about this new place! They stayed close to the gate because it felt familiar.

IMG_1784.JPG

They didn't go far.

IMG_1783.JPG

By calling them softly, they followed me almost to the gully before turning tails and running back to the gate!

IMG_1779.JPG

When we let the sheep in, we also brought Paris and Trip. They both ran crazy all over the new pasture. We needed a break and quit for awhile. Paris was at the gate. She was done! DH opened the gate and she ran to the backyard gate begging to go home! Trip was ready to quit for the day too.
Poor sheep had to stay in that scary new pasture! Doesn't Ramburger look pitiful? He just wanted to go home!

IMG_1790.JPG

DH and I both were plumb tuckered out. We ate a sandwich, guzzled ice tea and took a nap. It rained a drizzle, just enough to bump the humidity to the stratosphere. I went and finished clipping the T-posts.

Attachments

• IMG_1800.JPG
    IMG_1800.JPG
    502.8 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The sheep have eyesight of eagles, sonic hearing of bats and the physic capabilities to know what I am doing at all times. They "know" I am coming outside. They see the door crack open. They hear me breathing. They are at the gate BAA BAA BAA BAA BAA'ing for me to let them out so they can go HOME! I am such a BAAA'D sheep Mommy!

IMG_1800.JPG

We put them back in the new pasture this morning. This afternoon I coaxed them to walk the outer fence line with me.

IMG_1793.JPG

I kept calling softly and they followed. They went across the gully!

IMG_1802.JPG

They packed around me for security. We made it to the very back fence!

IMG_1805.JPG

Then they ran ahead of me and rounded the corner onto the pipeline. They grazed a little bit. They realized they were WAY away from their gate and took off. They left me in a cloud of dust and high tailed it back to their safe zone. LOL

Last night we left them there until 8:30 and we'll do the same tonight. We will continue to put them in their night pen.

It feels so good to have this done! There are still finishing touches to be done, but we can utilize that part of our land now! WHOO-HOO!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!.....:thumbsup
Great Job....:celebrate:celebrate
I know it is a huge Relief, even tho it took a bit longer than anticipated....it is functional and just the fine tuning left sure beats where ya were. So happy for y'all....:)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I put their feed out, shrieked SHEEP! SHEEP! SHEEP! DH opened the gate and they bolted for home. The thundering herd raced across the yard, rounded the gatepost and fell on the feed trough like ravening wolves. Even little Lucy (born Monday night) kept up. But the whole gate/wire thing eluded her. She smacked right into the wire and bounced off. She could see her mommy, but couldn't get there! I shoo'ed her in the gate and closed up the pen.

Yes it took us longer then we thought it would. Considering where we started and where we are now, we have come a long way. DH has had multiple surgeries and has had to recover from each one with therapy. It has been start-stop. But this is such a feeling of peace and serenity. Finally. Done.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW!! Great job! It's always so gooooood to finish -- just finish. :clap Love the trip to see the "new place" with the sheep.

You have quite a group there now. Started with what, four or five? Well, I don't have sheep BUT -- at a sheep & goat auction yesterday, I almost did! I wanted this group so badly but was good and sat on my hands!!! Someone selling out because they felt they were no longer able to continue their care (age/health thing). They were in terrific shape, tame (!!) and gorgeous....look at this 2 yr old ram....hand tame, love on me guy...YOU CAME TO MIND... with your colorful sheep :love ($165)

0610171131.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ooooohhhh! I like!! Wish he was mine! How did you ever pass them up?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
HARD, I tell you, HARD!!

Ewes looked as good, several white, couple sons/dtrs, like him. It was all I could do! But, controlled myself. :cool:

Already have goats, 7 adult, +4 this yr --- all does. After yesterday sale of last 4 excess bucks, only one adult buck left. Plus I want to get a Boer buck to cross onto my full sized does to produce sale kids. Those things -- plus feed/mineral issues -- kept me sane. The goat meat sells better in my area due to the Northern corridor of VA being at DC. Huge ethnic market in that area being supplied. So, goats bring more $ here. I got more for my 4 mo old kids than they got for this AWESOME ram. :idunno Gotta go with the $$ :old

I'm going to add a few meat does soon, just for kids in future. My Boers always did well on primarily forage. Watching for some "private" sales with nice stock.

Latest posts