Non-Climb 2"x4" Horse Wire Fence

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
img_1805-jpg.35725

Then they ran ahead of me and rounded the corner onto the pipeline. They grazed a little bit. They realized they were WAY away from their gate and took off. They left me in a cloud of dust and high tailed it back to their safe zone. LOL
Why the double fence?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why the double fence?
The high wire fence is offset from the property line. You know what that means. I can't tie onto it. It is also skirted all the way around with a 2' wire mesh laid on the ground to keep dogs and coyotes from digging in. There's a thousand acres in that ranch, a herd of horses, a few fallow deer and some high bred white tails with ear tags.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The concrete bags we laid down in the gully are doing the job. The holes we left open let the water through. There is a small pool and that makes the dogs happy. They can splash in it and cool off. There must be seeps that Feed the pool, there is a trickle of water on the opposite side of the fence going down the gully.

8D09BF55-84A7-460C-84B2-A7FB71CC6B04.jpeg

The concrete bags we laid in low places closed the gap under the fence.

85F2DD90-425E-4389-B09B-FBB5DC6888F4.jpeg

I am happy with the concrete bags. They probably wouldn’t work for a large flow of water, but they work for me.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't used bagged sakcrete on a fence but have used them to stop erosion on a road crossing a little dry creek runs under. In my rainfall, they've seen tremendous flow when the creek gets full and even over tops the roadway and the 80lb sacks have stayed put for over a year. I just put them in fresh from a builder's supply, dry and let humidity do it's thing. If you need to, you can drive a length of rebar thru the uncured sack of mix and when it cures, the rebar will prevent movement.

I had tried some bagged mortar mix previously as well as plain bagged portland cement...didn't work nearly as well. Took too long to cure I suppose. Both of those slid down the embankment..bag torn before the humidity could work.