Oh boy...

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the small goat area (Nigerians, Pygmies and Kids) with their climbing mountain. I started building this play area and found that I can just keep building. Right now we have 3 levels to climb on and an area that I can roll in a 4 x 5 roll of hay.
425_soap_page_008.jpg

It is not a very good picture but I think you can get a good idea. None of the posts are set in and the floors are 5/8" cement board from Home Depot. I think I have less than $100 bucks in it right now.

Chris

PS that is Bart in the fore ground he thinks he is a small goat... :lol:

D Bar J Acres

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Congrats on your kids! Goats quite often won't drink for a day or so until they are familiar with their new home. Just keep the water clean and fresh and keep an eye on them.

Wooden wire spindles from the electric company make great toys. We just go and load up ours for free and they're thrilled to watch us drive away as they don't have to dismantle them and put in the dumpster.

Griffin's Ark - great playland! I do want to caution you about your steer (?) in with the goats. We had a hand raised jersey steer that we got as a new born. He was super gentle and very smart. However when he got to be about 6 months old, he started want to "ride" our two hair sheep we had at the time. He almost broke their legs by jumping on them. We had to give him away. If you watch steers and heifers they always do their "practice rides" with each other. The goaties just can't handle that!