Pastor Dave's Highlights

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know, like the first tomato after you spend a bunch on making a garden, that first deer comes with startup costs ... like buying a good hunting rifle ;)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I usually manage to get mine with a vehicle, rendering the meat mostly unfit and the vehicle not in much better shape!!!! Have had 2 run into me the last couple of weeks, luckily for both I was going slow and both rolled off the truck, one into the ditch on the side of the road, and managed to get up and take off. 1 cracked signal lens and another piece of the plastic grill gone and a small dent in the door that popped out when I slammed the door shut. They are as numerous here as those darned feral hogs are in Texas.....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I usually manage to get mine with a vehicle, rendering the meat mostly unfit and the vehicle not in much better shape!!!! Have had 2 run into me the last couple of weeks, luckily for both I was going slow and both rolled off the truck, one into the ditch on the side of the road, and managed to get up and take off. 1 cracked signal lens and another piece of the plastic grill gone and a small dent in the door that popped out when I slammed the door shut. They are as numerous here as those darned feral hogs are in Texas.....
Well you just need a few good ol' Texas boys to come hunt them down for you. Bubba, Billy Ray, Roy Earl and Jackson will be more than happy to bring a LED beam, rifles and some one to decoy the game warden...…. :lol:

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I shouldn't have much startup costs other than a chain hoist and some fabricating in the barn to strengthen the rafters. I also would like to gut an old fridge to hang the carcass in. I suppose buying a side by side UTV with dump bed, winch, 4x4, and heated cab could apply to the start up cost. ;)