Photos of goats, various stages of preg?

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've had people for the last month telling me that my 2 year old NDG mix is preggers. She's been with a couple wethers and 3 unrelated kids, 2 bucklings and a doeling. In November we were given a very confused long haired 3 year old NDG mix billy. He seems to think he's a sheep and spends his time with the two rams. He was raised from birth with a ram and donkey. He's sweet but the poor boy ain't right.

I did see him try to mount Lil a couple times but he'd put one hoof up and then walk away. The two bucklings would try to mount her once in a while but they're still so little I just didn't think they could even get close enough to reach her.

I've been telling everyone to leave my fat goats alone. And because she's so short she does look extra chubby. She just looked fat to me, not at all pregnant. Until this morning. Now I'm wondering if one of the baby boys could reach? The adult has only been here two months so if he is the guilty party she wouldn't be showing yet, would she? Does anyone have pictures of them in various stages of a first pregnancy?

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Each goat is going to look and show differently when expecting. Some key facts...
-bucklings have successfully bred at 8 weeks of age.
-you won’t always witness the act.
-the only way to know for sure a goat is expecting is to do a blood test.

If I think of something else to add, I’ll post more.

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wait for hoof steps to arrive....
Even if the "poor guy ain't right) ...and the two little bucklings were young.......they still have loaded guns and are capable of a drive by shooting !

OMG it hurts when hot coffee sprays out your nose! A drive by shooting. Holy crap I haven't laughed that hard in ages!

Well I guess I need to see how old the boys are. :/

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yepper, that's what i used to call my ex husband ...on and off :lol: that's a drive by shooter for ya.!!!
Sorry about the hot coffee....but happy you got a chuckle....
Sounds like it's it is time to seperate the doe's and bucks.....:)

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Omgosh you're too funny! Well it sounds like the boys get their special day with the vet. Do a little snip snip.

I went back and looked and the babies went outside at 10 weeks in mid June. So I'm assuming Schmoo or Denny may be a daddy soon. Sneaky little turds.

So I guess stay tuned for photo updates about party girl Lil. Jeez.

Missmonty

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Wait for hoof steps to arrive....
Even if the "poor guy ain't right) ...and the two little bucklings were young.......they still have loaded guns and are capable of a drive by shooting !

Oh. My. Gosh.

I think this comment almost made me die. I haven't laughed that hard in so long...So much for trying to sneak reading some threads in the office before I start work for the day :lol:

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok noticed Lil has what I think is an udder with milk? It used to be flat but now is plumping up. I'm assuming this means I've been lying to myself all this time and she is indeed knocked up. Randy little baby billies. Grrrr...... Lesson learned.

Attaching as many pics as I can for opinions. Not the greatest but she's a snarky little tart and doesn't like people too close to her.

Attachments

• 20190226_082819.jpg
    20190226_082819.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 288