Pics - Poppy Kidded - Update

woodsie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
okay I was feeling bad about not putting pics up but I upgrade my OS and then my iphoto didn't work. grrrr. But it is working now so here they are!

She's a tiny little thing and not the swiftest kid out there. Still can't seem to find the nipple or teat without help. Its actually pretty funny, Poppy was bawling outside and my daughter was getting upset so we tried the kid (Cinnamon) out there and mom gets licking her and protective of her but won't stand still to let her nurse but will stand and let me milk her. Cinnamon can't find the teat without me literally putting the teat in her mouth and holding mom's leg and body, but will drink the bottle....so I am milking mom, putting straight into the bottle and feeding baby but mom is "mothering" the baby!?:he Crazy Nubians...no one ever accused them of being too smart!

The good thing is I can have a bottle baby but not in the house....so I guess it works out but very strange. :idunno

IMG_0681.JPG
IMG_0695.jpg
IMG_0689.JPG

woodsie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well I went outside this morning expecting to find a very hungry kid and she has a full tummy...a few minutes later I see our little Cinnamon walk over to the udder, Poppy staying still and the little one nursing! WOW!! Can't believe they figured it out finally. Well, this is awesome, I think I will give her one bottle a day and keep putting Poppy on the stand as she is already hooked on her special time. All things worked out perfectly even though very unconventionally! :celebrateI love the farm life, always something new.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have had some do that to me before. Reject the baby the first day and then take care of it. I think they sometimes need to recover after birth.

She is adorable!

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Awesome! It's nice when that happens that way. Good job Poppy and Cinnamon :)