Pig with bleeding

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been having to take her with me twice a week since I'm away from home 5 hours. I think more people flock to see piglets than they do babies!!! And of course Pugsy ate up the attention. I've been heating rice socks for her. She is 2 weeks and 2 days old. I've been putting a few pellets of feed in her milk. Shes pan feeding as of Sunday as well. Still doing great, and getting plump! :)

So glad you got her all straightened out...she is so cute!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is one spoiled pig. Thank you for updating us, I was thinking about you and hoping that no news was good news.

Mouse14

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've started her on a mix of formula and mushed pellets 3x a day with formula the rest of the time. Her poop has taken on a brown thick form, been sticking to her butt and tail (put coconut oil on it earlier to loosen it) her belly looks so bloated compared to the rest of her body. Is that normal? I dont remember the last litter looking like this at almost 3 weeks

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pigs are ADORABLE (I mean yours and in general)!

mysunwolf

Herd Master
Reaction score
We never mixed feed in with the milk, we would just begin to start every feeding off with some pellets that had been mushed in water. We would put a few in their mouths and try and get them to eat a little. Then when they had given it a good shot we would give them the bottle. We also would put feed and water out free choice at this age. You might want to take down the amount of milk a little if you are including pellets in the milk, it might just be too much and too rich feed for her little belly!

Mouse14

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Alright will do! I'll start mushing it in water instead. I'm moving her to a pack and play tonight hopefully so she will have a wider range to roam.

Mouse14

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So I caught her in the act. When she poops she rubs her butt in it, creating globs of dingle berries -_- I've spent so long trying to get the clump off of her tail. I got some, but not the main blob. I was using coconut oil to loosen it up. It's the less stressful way for her. Second time I've had to clean her. She's having solid but squishy poops. Also I've been giving her 15mL of formula every 2 hours. Should I switch her to every 3 now that she's 3 weeks old or is 2 best right now? I know I could really go for more sleep, but I want to do this right. Also is 15mL good for her age? She definitely weighs over a lb now! :)
20170320_214520.jpg

Mouse14

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh and a new pic of her :)
20170320_215011.jpg

mysunwolf

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think we were feeding every 4-6 hours by 3 weeks old, with an 8 hour break overnight, but these were very large, healthy piglets that were standard sized, so you'll have to judge based on your individual situation! Is she really 3 weeks old? Could they have been born a little premature? Just over 1lb is so tiny!

She is such a cutie, by the way. You've done amazing just to get her this far.

Mouse14

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yep 3 weeks hahaha. Potbelly pigs are so little. Last year when my girl had hers I thought she would only have a few because I thought they were born the size of coke cans lol. She's the size she should be :) she may weigh right at 2 lbs. She doesn't sit still haha