Pregnant ewes driving me bonkers!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
They will bag up weeks before delivery. If a ewe has a very tight full bag, it may be painful. For First Fresheners, it may cause them to walk away when the lambs try to nurse. One year I had to catch and tie 2 ewes to the fence to hold them so the lambs could nurse. I sat on the ground helping the lambs get started. Those ewes did not want their lambs, or me, messing with their boobies! So just watch and make sure the lambs are nursing.

We bought 4 bred “Dorper” ewes. More like Dorper mutt ewes, but I loved them. You are going to enjoy your sheep so much! What are their names?

Fluffy_Flock

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
They will bag up weeks before delivery. If a ewe has a very tight full bag, it may be painful. For First Fresheners, it may cause them to walk away when the lambs try to nurse. One year I had to catch and tie 2 ewes to the fence to hold them so the lambs could nurse. I sat on the ground helping the lambs get started. Those ewes did not want their lambs, or me, messing with their boobies! So just watch and make sure the lambs are nursing.

We bought 4 bred “Dorper” ewes. More like Dorper mutt ewes, but I loved them. You are going to enjoy your sheep so much! What are their names?

I haven't named them yet. I have nicknames for some of them but I'm horrible at naming things. We call the one with the long hair dreadlocks, the one with the lamb mama, the black belly is black belly ...

Yeah I should get on some real names here soon.

Fluffy_Flock

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I think I'm leaning towards some names for these two. The black and white one seems like a Daisy to me because she looks like a cow and the white ones face reminds me of a rabbit so I started calling her bunny.

What is Daisy doing with her tail here? She has been walking around like this all morning.

Attachments