Promise Acre baking

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Feel free to box that key lime pie up and ship it to Texas! It looks absolutely delish! :drool
It's a bit tart.... maybe it's supposed to be? I done recall ever having eaten one. But DH wanted one. He says too tart too. Maybe the limes weren't fully ripe. But it is pretty.
Now the cheese cake looked terrible, it cracked and I put too much chocolate on top but was super yummy.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
In this state, there is a big demand for real kolaches.
(dough wrapped weiners or sausage are NOT kolaches--that would be a klobásník or klobisniky)

Real Kolache:
2199416816_24bd01e66d_z.jpg

Abomination:
jalapeno-sausage-kolache-feat-compressor.jpg

I would have to drive nearly 100 miles to get a real kolache, and have done it several times.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
My first marriage was into a Czech family. Oh my goodness, I had never known a kolache before that...and it's darn hard to find a good one since. Poppy seed, farmers cheese, apricot, even prune! :drool

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
My first marriage was into a Czech family. Oh my goodness, I had never known a kolache before that...and it's darn hard to find a good one since. Poppy seed, farmers cheese, apricot, even prune! :drool
they look yummy

Latest posts