Promise Acre: Our Journey

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, our Farrier (and good trail riding friend) gave her/us 3 lessons. Best gift this year.. I totally cried. :p Anyways, hopefully we'll be able to continue, on our ponies. But I wanted to check things out and it's much easier to just take a kid vs a kid and the pony. And who knows if the pony has been in an indoor... And the lesson fees are the same either way. So it's good time for Jocelyn to get exposure to huntseat.
I bet she is on cloud nine, so happy for you both :hugs :love :highfive:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Took a bit of a break from working at the house. Doing planning though. We working deciding on everything from what type of doors, and if or how we'll change the layouts. It's not easy... I know what I don't want (like white cabinets :tongue) but it's hard to choose other things, Like solid pine doors vs popular veneer. Have a good idea of the barn we'll need to build (after we sell our current property). I am really hoping we can also add an attached garage. And with this past year I want to somehow make a small apartment for my Dad or any other family member that needs "assisted" living. I don't know how but even with our plans to move I want to have a big garden again this year. With the farm we SHOULD be able to become even more self sufficient, something that I think really has to be a priority with the current state of our country. We are getting a couple more NZ does and I hope to raise and butcher more this year. And we'll have chickens again and plan on raising a couple of pigs and steers for our own use. Possibly even tackle butchering them all, those will all come in 2022 at the earliest though.
DH brought home his "free" combine.... not sure why we needed another project... but who knows maybe it'll come in handy in the future.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We put oak cabinets in our kitchen. I was going to build our own at first and then decided Lowe's had a fairly high end cabinet the we got an estimate on. I wound up getting a bid from a custom cabinet maker and he built and installed what we wanted for less than I (or Lowe's) could do it for.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mike CHS that would be great if we could do that, DH wants to make the cabinets... I just not sure he needs another project at this time.
The dogs, Ranger got his final vaccines last week, he's 4 1/2 months old. Doing great. Hard to get a nice photo as he's always moving. He's not licking Maisy here :p
IMG_5503.JPG

Lightning is doing well, the ground was decent enough I had Jocelyn work him yesterday, he was feeling sassy but responded and listened good. He's been on his ulcer supplements for almost 2 months, no kicking his belly or avoidance when we tacked him up. She didn't ride as it was pretty windy and it was getting dark.
IMG_5507.JPG

Latest posts