Promise Acres Rabbit Thread

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So need to get the last two Polish litters tattooed. And get some sold. The one MR doe I sold didn’t do great at the show they took her too.
debating on bringing a new VL buck in to our herd.
FA22CB73-ABFE-41C0-ABD5-696911F06DFD.jpeg

@Bunnylady any ideas on this guy? He appeared to injure his eye over a month ago, been treating with a vinegar flush and erythromycin ointment, looks better then returns to constantly draining. Thinking I just need to cull:confused:
82E76E8D-463D-47B5-865A-712129F81BE3.jpeg

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ooh, that's one unhappy eye. It's a bit hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like there might be something funky going on with the upper eyelid. If the eyelashes are contacting the eye, the constant irritation could be the reason that the eye keeps flaring up.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I have had 3 does lift in the past couple of weeks. :fl for some bunnies!

@Bunnylady would you look at this hypothetical pedigree? https://htch.us/p/k/8KEV I am debating on what to do with our lovely blue otter doe we from last year's litter. unfortunately both unrelated bucks are not breeding at this time, one was sterile last year and I assume is still. And one is attacking the does, and may be a split penis as he still looks immature at 10 months. Am debating on breeding her to her grandsire, but he is grandsire on twice... I still have her sire but... IDK.. was really hoping not to buy another new buck.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bought this guy today. I'll get him home next week, a proven buck. I think I bought him mostly because his color is a bit of a enigma... LOL He's listed as a frosty which looking at his pedigree would make the most sense. But his breeder/owner is leaning towards broken smoke pearl... but there's no shaded in his pedigree nor has had shaded offspring but has always been bred to chinchillas or carriers of chin. He also hasn't ever had a REW offspring either. So I will breed him to my REW girls and REW carriers and we should find out which he is. She's selling because he has an dark spot in his color on his hip... so I guess that could mean he could carry harliquin.. IDK I can see it and he may get a dq from it but haven't been showing lately anyways. I just need a new unrelated buck and it'll be fun to see what we get.
82385598_2556290004643007_2728630909703028736_n.jpg
1580232646805.png

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Frosty is home! He does "look" like a smoke pearl but I almost wonder if he's a iron grey/sallendar... or self chin tort possibly dilute. It'll be fun to figure it out.
frostyhome.jpg

Unfortunately no new kits.. I put in 4 nest boxes as I had fall offs from them... but only 1 doe was super interest and there was 4 fall offs... she was the last and today is day 31/2 so we'll see. But she's using the next box as a litter box... I have other does due in a week or two. They are definatly acting more interested!
Guess I need to get out and clean rabbit cages.