Purplequeenvt - Lambing 2023

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
She’s no worse today. She can’t keep herself up, mostly in the rear. I made her a wheel chair today so she can at least work on putting some weight back on her legs without having to carry all her weight. She hasn’t figured out how to move it yet.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I let Dee and the 2 moms and their lambs out of the lambing stall yesterday (Monday). I watched Dee on the camera all that day and she kept going back in there. This morning after I fed and they’d eaten all their grain she went back in the stall and lay down in the corner so I shut her back in there.

She’s been hanging out in the same spot all day and is acting “strange”. I caught her when I got home (a challenge due to her semi-feral nature) and her udder is so full. I would not be surprised if she lambs during the night or sometime tomorrow.

My little house lamb is hanging in there. She’ll get more wheelchair time tomorrow because I’ll be home. She’s not any weaker than she was so I’m taking that as a good sign. Hopefully I’m not setting myself up for heartbreak.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dee had a 7.6lb moorit ram lamb at 0530.

I wish he had spots, but at least he’s brown. I’m not completely sad that it’s a ram as Dee is my least favorite Shetland due to her personality and fleece type. I was worried that any ewe lambs out of her would inherit her crazy.

Latest posts