Purplequeenvt - Lambing 2023

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think we may not need the wheel chair anymore. She took a few tentative steps last night, but this morning she walked across the kitchen. The tendons in her front legs are tight which is making walking harder. The only fix for that is to keep using them.

She was coming to me, but got distracted by the big fluffy dog bed which she tried to jump into. Made me laugh, silly little thing can barely walk, but she thinks she’ll be able to jump into the dog bed. 🤣 I rewarded her efforts by putting her in the bed and now she’s taking a well deserved nap.

And that’s what love does. Love takes the weakest creatures and finds a way. Love builds a lamb wheelchair. Love makes a lamb walk.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
My little friend has continued to improve all day. She went from only being able to take a couple stiff steps last night to walking across a room this morning. She could only walk in a straight line though. By this evening she was able to decide which direction she wanted to go and is starting to follow me around.

She hasn’t been able to stand by herself yet, but she’s getting there. Her laying down skills, though improved, are not the most graceful. She frequently smacks her little face on the floor.

I really wish I could post videos on here.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lizzie hopped right up to greet me when I got home from work tonight. Her tendons are still tight so she walks stiffly and limps a bit, but that should continue to improve the more she moves. I put some hay and grain in her pen for tomorrow while I’m at work to keep her entertained. She’s nibbling on everything.

She’s not quite ready for the barn, and I’m not quite ready for her to move out either if we’re being honest. I’m also not sure how to break it to her that she won’t have a soft comfy bed outside. I put her up on my bed tonight and she went right to “her spot” and lay down.

She’s claimed the dog bed as her own.

I’m trying to get Garren, the littlest triplet, on the milk bucket, but so far he is being stubborn and refuses to eat unless I’m holding his face on the nipple. He really needs so extra feed so I may start bringing a bottle out with me a couple times a day and making him take that. It will be easier to track how much he’s taking that way.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lizzie hopped right up to greet me when I got home from work tonight. Her tendons are still tight so she walks stiffly and limps a bit, but that should continue to improve the more she moves. I put some hay and grain in her pen for tomorrow while I’m at work to keep her entertained. She’s nibbling on everything.

She’s not quite ready for the barn, and I’m not quite ready for her to move out either if we’re being honest. I’m also not sure how to break it to her that she won’t have a soft comfy bed outside. I put her up on my bed tonight and she went right to “her spot” and lay down.

She’s claimed the dog bed as her own.

I’m trying to get Garren, the littlest triplet, on the milk bucket, but so far he is being stubborn and refuses to eat unless I’m holding his face on the nipple. He really needs so extra feed so I may start bringing a bottle out with me a couple times a day and making him take that. It will be easier to track how much he’s taking that way.
She’s awfully cute!

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t think I could put her out in the barn either. Have you taken her out for a “visit”?

She goes out when I do chores and hangs out in the creep. But that’s only in the last few days since she’s been able to walk again.

Now that she’s able to get up and down by herself, I’m going try to get her on the milk pail. Once I’m satisfied that she can feed herself, she’ll be “ready” to move out.