purplequeenvt - Lambs 2017

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like this "theme" naming. So far, names for my little flock have been spur of the moment. I'll have to keep this in mind. So far, we have 3 wethered lambs, since they go to slaughter for some one's dinner, they don't get named.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thallium is still with us. I thought I was going to lose her during the night, but she held on. She's maybe a bit better today, but still so weak. She won't suck so she's being tubed for every meal. She can't get up on her own, but if placed on her feet, she'll walk around.

Good news is that she finally pooped. Hopefully that means her system is starting to wake up.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm at work today so I haven't actually seen her myself. :hitIt was so hard to leave her with my sister, even though my sister is completely competent and would take good care of her, BUT the report is that she is so much better today. She's talking and moving around, even trying to bounce! She took part of her breakfast by bottle.

Last edited:

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thallium is going to be fine. She's full of spunk today and finally decided to start taking her meals from the bottle.

Esme had ewe/ram twins last night.

Polonium (Polly)

Astatine (Atticus)

And then this morning, right before leaving for work at 4:15 am, I found Ree with twin girls just born. Her 2 are itty bittys. She's a first timer and was a little freaked by them nursing. It didn't help that the smaller one had to stand on tippy toes to reach the teat. They seem to have figured everything out now.

Radon (Donna)

Francium (Franny)

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
so cute, I don't even think I can pick a favorite 'cause they are all just to cute. hoping that thallium keeps on keepin' on.