purplequeenvt - Lambs 2017

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wendy passed away last night and a necropsy today seems to confirm my diagnoses of WMD. It was a night of heartbreak for us (once again). 1st Wendy and then my sweet little baby, Sally. She very suddenly got very ill yesterday and she died in my arms last night about 20 minutes after I heard about Wendy (my sister had taken her back to school with her with the idea that the school vet could do a necropsy if she didn't make it).

My sister kept the our friend that we got Wendy and Erma from in the loop and today she offered us a triplet ewe lamb from a set born last night as a replacement. So now I have a new little baby girl snuggled in bed with me. She moves out to the barn tomorrow.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
so sorry PQVT :hit Way too much loss and heartache this spring...

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't even imagine how your night went but I am glad you have that little cutey to soothe it somewhat.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you are having such a tough time of it. That's a cutie you have there.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
First of the Shetland babies born early this morning. I found them right before I left for work.

Dulci, first time mom, did an excellent job. She had a white girl and a black boy. These guys were born at the last possible time to be from the Border Leicester ram, but the girl technically shouldn't be white if she were from Simon, the BFL.

Only 9 more ewes to go.

Latest posts