purplequeenvt - Lambs 2017

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bella's baby, Siobhan
Out of curiosity, how did you choose that name? I ask because I had never heard it before a girl with that name started working at my favorite family owned market about a year ago. I had to look it up to find that it is Irish.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how did you choose that name? I ask because I had never heard it before a girl with that name started working at my favorite family owned market about a year ago. I had to look it up to find that it is Irish.

It's a name that I've always really liked and she was born on St Patrick's Day so it seemed appropriate to give her an Irish name.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Something very sad happened today. A lamb was born, a very pretty lamb with spots and a soft, fine fleece. The perfect lamb in fact, just what I was hoping for when I crossed my Shetlands with a BFL. Why is she so sad, you might wonder. This is why......IT HAS TESTICLES!!!!! :hit

He will keep his testicles for now, but he will most likely end up as a fiber wether.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Silly lambs! Let's boing up and down, let's play Parkour on our Moms!

Sorry your perfect lamb isn't the gender you wanted. When you said something sad happened I thought you lost it.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another ewe down, 3 to go!

Pazi the Lincoln FINALLY lambed. She had a ram and a ewe. The ram is nice structurally, but he has a big black spot on his side. That's a major fault in a white Lincoln. He's cute though.

Suki

Smitty

The last 3 ewes are Shetlands bred to the Blueface ram. I'm guessing that Flute will be next. I thought she might go last night/today, but nothing so far. I don't have a due date on her, but her hormones are kicking in. She screams at me every time I go in the barn and she was a bit obsessed with Celeste's baby last night.

Latest posts