Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
My ducks discovered the pond last week and they are refusing to come back to their coop. Twist attempt to get them out of the pond, but they can swim faster than he can so we gave up after 30 minutes.

Oskar Biteyface can be very photogenic

Big Nose

I don’t think my car likes me very much….there’s 900lbs of feed in there.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so frustrated by KY’s car registration process. I had a battle when I transferred the registration from VT to KY a couple years ago. It was a breeze when I went to renew the tags last year, but this year turned into a nightmare.

They installed a “new and improved program” that now lumps vehicles together by owner instead of having them listed individually. So if you owe something on one vehicle, you won’t be able to renew tags on anything else unless you pay what’s owed on the other.

Now this shouldn’t be an issue for me since I only own one vehicle EXCEPT my dad is on the title since he helped me get the loan when I bought the car. My dad is also on the title of my brother’s car which was registered in KY for a couple years when he lived here. My brother moved to MD transferred his tags before the KY renewal was due, but apparently you still have to pay the year’s tax on the car.

So because my dad is on both titles, my car’s information was lumped together with my brother’s and they wouldn’t allow me to pay for just my portion and go on my way. His part was over $300.

The lady then offered the suggestion of taking my dad off my title. I could do that because I have power of attorney in regards to the car. But here’s the catch on this plan….I would also have to pay over $500 in retail tax on a 10yo car that I have owned for NINE YEARS! A tax that I already paid 9 years ago.

I’m livid. They make this process so freaking stupid and complicated. To top it all off, I stood in line for almost 2 hours before finding out I wasn’t going to be able to do anything.

I called my brother when I left and I think he called the clerk’s office and paid because he called me back later to say that I should be good to go now.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was one really weird deformed lamb.

I had a 2003 Ford Focus Wagon. Little itty bitty wagon, I treated it so bad. It would carry 500 pounds of feed fairly well, but I stuffed 750 pounds in there, even feed bags in the front passenger seat. It kinda wallowed down the road at 750 pounds!

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
My brother called the county clerk’s office Wednesday afternoon and they just deleted what he owed them and said I was all set to come back in.

The whole thing was really stressing me out so instead of waiting until my day off next week, I dragged myself to town (only 15-20 minutes) early this morning to be at the clerk’s office when they opened at 0745. I got there at 0730 and was already the 8th person in line. By the time they opened 15 minutes later, the line was about 30.

I actually made it out of there about 7 minutes after they opened, without tears this time, and my car is set for another year. I’m still furious about Wednesday’s debacle.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
“Hi, my name is Freyja. I’m 11yo and I’m supposed to be retired, but I had other plans.”

These Shetlands sure are trouble makers. I noticed that her belly has been hanging lower lately and she’s got a little bit more than “old lady boobies” going on so I scanned her and sure enough…..