Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
4 new lambs this morning.

Pumpkin, our bottle baby/house lamb from 2 years ago, had a single ram lamb all by herself. I didn’t bother to jug her since she only has the one and she’s proving to be an excellent mother. Who says bottle lambs make bad moms??

He’s got funky ears right now.

Jemima had triplets, 2 girls and a boy. Unfortunately it appears that she had an affair with the Shetland ram (he broke into the pen the day that she was marked) so these babies aren’t purebred.

Lamb count is at 9 - 5 girls, 4 boys.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still waiting on more babies, but most of the remaining ewes are close. I’m hoping they’ll go this weekend while I’m not working.

Harris, his ears have finally started to go up as of this morning.

Mull and Skye

Jem

It’s hard work sitting around NOT having babies.

Yes, I did check to make sure Patti was still breathing.

A little over a month ago, I trapped a stray cat that had been hanging around for about 6 months. It was an intact adult male, shy but not aggressive. It took a while to get him (and the other 4 hooligans) an appointment to get neutered so I had him locked up in a room in the barn. He was pretty friendly with me when I fed him, but I fully expected him to leave as soon as I turned him loose. They were all neutered a week ago and the new guy, Benny, has decided that he’s going to stay. He’s very sweet now and just wants lovings.