Put a face to a name! Please post your pic here!

FRED DESANTIS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi Latestarter,
I aquired my goats from a breeder in Sherman. I haven't gotten their papers back yet but I would consider a buckling for you if it were to happen. My goats are purely meatgoats. Thanks for the advice to start a journal I will do that. Also when I get the paperwork back I could email you a copy to look over and if you decide you would like to visit you're welcome to come over.

Fred, since these are pure bred Kikos, may I ask where you acquired them? Just wondering on their ancestral lineage. I've been toying with the idea of acquiring a PB Kiko buck to put over my Lamancha girls. I too am in NE TX, Mount Pleasant, not too far from you. If one of your girls provides you with a buckling, perhaps you'd be willing to sell it as a future herd sire? Just more or less thinking out loud at the moment. Would first like to see/evaluate your present buck as well as the does since I'm looking to keep dairy ability (from my girls) while adding viable meat (from your buck) as well as parasite resistance (a prominent kiko trait) for eating in the cross.

You should consider starting your own Journal for these posts. I hope you'll stay with us and share your journey. https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/members-backyardherds-journals.18/

ETA: The other Fred beat me to the question... :)
No

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Awesome Fred, thanks! :) If there's anything I can do to help you, let me know and I'll do my best to try. If you've a mind, next time I go to Sulphur Springs to pick up feed, maybe we could meet at one of the food places there and chat over lunch? That's pretty much midway between us. If the timing is right, perhaps we could get @Devonviolet and maybe even @Baymule to join us. Bay buys her horse feed (and turned me on to) at the place I now buy my goat feed. It's not that long a drive for DV either.

FRED DESANTIS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Awesome Fred, thanks! :) If there's anything I can do to help you, let me know and I'll do my best to try. If you've a mind, next time I go to Sulphur Springs to pick up feed, maybe we could meet at one of the food places there and chat over lunch? That's pretty much midway between us. If the timing is right, perhaps we could get @Devonviolet and maybe even @Baymule to join us. Bay buys her horse feed (and turned me on to) at the place I now buy my goat feed. It's not that long a drive for DV either.

Ok sounds good