Put a face to a name! Please post your pic here!

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is us!

Attachments

• IMG_20180423_190035.jpg
    IMG_20180423_190035.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 149

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
@chickadee-ranch I hope you'll consider taking a minute to visit the new member's thread and introduce yourself a bit more so folks can welcome you properly. https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/new-member-introductions.17/ Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE TX! So glad you joined us. My daughter and family from X-wife's side are all located along coastal Maine. Beautiful state! What is your Toli on duty guarding? Hope you'll share some pics of your place/animals. We all love pics! There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Hope you enjoy the site!

chickadee-ranch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi there! I actually thought I had already posted a picture of myself.... will have to look around and see if I messed up some how-- cyber gremlins strike when you least expect it!

I grew up along coastal Maine, near Damariscotta. Lovely part of the state. I moved inland because it was where I could afford to be. I'm off grid, small lot of land, but it costs almost nothing to live here. My brother still lives on the coast, and the taxes are a big part of his yearly budget.

My Anatolian guards pretty much everything. Fenced property-- pet door-- free rein of the place really. Have a dozen adult pot belly pigs-- some for meat-- some to raise piglets for the pet market. Flock of Rhodebar chickens, which are auto sexing and egg laying machines! Midget white turkeys, have a tom sitting on eggs right now-- undecided if I should pull the eggs and make him stop or not. It's pretty late in the season-- but he sure is dedicated! A large number of feral cats from the local shelter-- they were full up several times in the past year and I had opened my barn to them. I get a kick out of these cats even the ones who won't let me pat them. Guess I'm easily entertained!

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
The ex's family is centered/originated in Wiscasset and spread out from there. many worked for BIW. Some actually have left the state. I was stationed at Brunswick Naval Air Station for multiple tours. Loved Maine and the seasons. Especially loved that rugged coast line :love and the availability of lobster and other fresh seafood :drool, as well as the hunting and fishing :D =D. Did NOT love the mosquitoes and black flies! :tongue

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings again Fred. Welcome to BYH :frow

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH Fred. Whereabouts do you live? You can put that in your profile.