1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Baymule’s 4th Lambing. - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Put a face to a name! Please post your pic here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nifty, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Aug 9, 2018
    Mrs1885

Mrs1885 Chillin' with the herd

This is us!

Attached Files:

2. Aug 9, 2018
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master Golden Herd Member

And a beautiful couple y'all are! Glad to have you here.

3. Sep 2, 2018
    chickadee-ranch

chickadee-ranch Exploring the pasture

I live mostly alone off grid in Maine. Anatolian Shepherd on duty.

Attached Files:

4. Sep 3, 2018
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

@chickadee-ranch I hope you'll consider taking a minute to visit the new member's thread and introduce yourself a bit more so folks can welcome you properly. https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/new-member-introductions.17/ Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE TX! So glad you joined us. My daughter and family from X-wife's side are all located along coastal Maine. Beautiful state! What is your Toli on duty guarding? Hope you'll share some pics of your place/animals. We all love pics! There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Hope you enjoy the site!

RollingAcres likes this.
  5. Sep 4, 2018
    chickadee-ranch

chickadee-ranch Exploring the pasture

Hi there! I actually thought I had already posted a picture of myself.... will have to look around and see if I messed up some how-- cyber gremlins strike when you least expect it!

I grew up along coastal Maine, near Damariscotta. Lovely part of the state. I moved inland because it was where I could afford to be. I'm off grid, small lot of land, but it costs almost nothing to live here. My brother still lives on the coast, and the taxes are a big part of his yearly budget.

My Anatolian guards pretty much everything. Fenced property-- pet door-- free rein of the place really. Have a dozen adult pot belly pigs-- some for meat-- some to raise piglets for the pet market. Flock of Rhodebar chickens, which are auto sexing and egg laying machines! Midget white turkeys, have a tom sitting on eggs right now-- undecided if I should pull the eggs and make him stop or not. It's pretty late in the season-- but he sure is dedicated! A large number of feral cats from the local shelter-- they were full up several times in the past year and I had opened my barn to them. I get a kick out of these cats even the ones who won't let me pat them. Guess I'm easily entertained!

6. Sep 4, 2018
    Latestarter

The ex's family is centered/originated in Wiscasset and spread out from there. many worked for BIW. Some actually have left the state. I was stationed at Brunswick Naval Air Station for multiple tours. Loved Maine and the seasons. Especially loved that rugged coast line :love and the availability of lobster and other fresh seafood :drool, as well as the hunting and fishing :D =D. Did NOT love the mosquitoes and black flies! :tongue

chickadee-ranch and RollingAcres like this.
  7. Oct 15, 2018
    FRED DESANTIS

FRED DESANTIS Ridin' The Range

Hi,
    My name Is Fred Desantis I joined on Sept 27. I have three goats a buckling and two doelings all around 9 or 10 months old.

8. Oct 15, 2018
    Latestarter

Greetings again Fred. Welcome to BYH :frow

9. Oct 15, 2018
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Welcome to BYH Fred. Whereabouts do you live? You can put that in your profile.

10. Oct 15, 2018
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Welcome Fred from Texas!