Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe a shoulder replacement is in the works for you. Although as much as shoulder surgery hurts, you might not want that as an option. But if the one you have don't work, a new one might not sound half bad..... I am sorry that you have to go through all this misery, from watching my husband suffer for years, I know how painful it is.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
so sorry your shoulder didn't heal up like it should. I've been having a problem with my lower back and major muscle spasms for which I just completed almost 6 weeks of physical therapy. sadly it didn't help but actually kind of made things worse. next step is an mri to see if they can figure out what is going on. honestly, i'm not sure I want to know because I am afraid that it won't be fixable.
I so understand about thinning down the numbers of goats. I've gone from over 25 to 3 milkers, 3 yearlings and my buck. sure looks empty out there, but I know its for the best, sighhhh. i'm fixing to put a for sale sign around a bunch of ducks necks too. they are running me over so many have hatched this year.
you take care and don't stay away so long tho I've not got any room to talk, i'm not here nearly as much as I was for a while.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
The last buckling is at his new house! He immediately started mounting does to breed and his new owner is very happy with him.

And Bonsai is on loan to another farm to breed some dairy does so my herd is just three does. It feels so empty out in the field!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Well, Bonsai is back! He had fun at the other farm and bred the does. The new babies here are due at the end of February.

My girls are looking healthy and happy. Bonsai is looking healthy and hungry. Yesterday, he headbutted my leg and I had to throw him and show him that headbutting me is not allowed. He took it well and got the point very quickly. When he got up he wouldn't look me in the eye and quietly stood away from me and deferred to me as the leader. NO MORE gesturing that he is the head buck!

He came to the fence this morning and asked for his cookies instead of demanding them. He's a good boy!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
This morning it was raining cats and dogs. I looked out the window and who had his big knobby head stuck in the hay feeder for the third time? Mr. Bonsai.

I went out to help him pull his head out. He was all wet and shivery, but he would not cooperate. I went to get the hack saw and cut him out. When I finished, He gave me a big slobbery kiss and ran off to chase a girl.

I picked up my saw and turned around just in time to catch a head butt in the leg by Bonsai. GAME ON!

I grabbed his horn and his front leg to throw him but he was ready. He took a three point stand with his back legs. He was dancing around pretty well to keep his balance and got away.

He lined up for another head butt, so when he went up on his hind legs, I gabbed his icky sticky beard and hung on. He looked shocked. I held him up to my face and tried to get his front legs. He stood on his hind legs and kicked.

I lowered him all the way to the ground and still couldn't get him on the ground so I grabbed his rear leg and picked him up by his horn and his rear leg. He tried and tried to kick himself loose and then cried Mama,Mama!

It was over. He was thoroughly chastised.

Hopefully this will end his chinanigans for now.

Latest posts