YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I've done a little research and I know from experience that rabbit manure makes an excellent fertilizer- and can be spread fresh since it's not "hot". We spread it on our little 1/4 acre corn garden this summer and had EXCELLENT results with our crop. Since I raise rabbits and I'm expanding my operation, I might as well make something out of my manure since it's not really doing anything for me right now. Does anyone have any tips for composting? I'll definitely mix in organic food matters and maybe horse manure- that also is a good fertilizer (again, I know from experience) but it must be composted or it will burn plants.
Thanks!
Taylor
The planting of tomatoes can be significantly enhanced by applying rabbit manure to your soil. ... Nitrogen makes a plant grow greener and healthier so that the more nitrogen you can add to the soil, the faster the plants grow. Phosphorus is used by the plant to transform solar energy to chemical energy.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I've done a little research and I know from experience that rabbit manure makes an excellent fertilizer- and can be spread fresh since it's not "hot". We spread it on our little 1/4 acre corn garden this summer and had EXCELLENT results with our crop. Since I raise rabbits and I'm expanding my operation, I might as well make something out of my manure since it's not really doing anything for me right now. Does anyone have any tips for composting? I'll definitely mix in organic food matters and maybe horse manure- that also is a good fertilizer (again, I know from experience) but it must be composted or it will burn plants.
Thanks!
Taylor
Ideally, chicken is probably the best manure for gardens, because it has a very high nitrogen content, a requirement for all plants, but it must be well composted and aged to avoid burning plants. Chicken manure is a rich source of nutrients, and is best applied in the fall or spring after getting a composting opportunity.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks!
Taylor
The chickens pick and drop their manure over the food scraps. This extra supply of nitrogen (a "green") helps heat the compost pile when the food scraps (also called "greens") are combined with "brown" carbonaceous.