rachels.haven's Journal

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can check. Most people who do livestock fencing I've found so far are just people for hire. The fencing companies I've found mostly only advertise chain link or privacy fencing. That's a good idea though. I'll definitely check individually not just go off of ads.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can check. Most people who do livestock fencing I've found so far are just people for hire. The fencing companies I've found mostly only advertise chain link or privacy fencing. That's a good idea though. I'll definitely check individually not just go off of ads.

We have companies here (small private) that put up any type of fencing, and if you are required to get a permit ( within city limits) they will pull it for you.
I am like you.as far as just do it ! ..... , but learned my lesson in south Florida lol.....went to replace ONE board on my privacy fence that had rotted....city came by and tagged me with a $250 "either pay the fine or get the permit for $250l ...I got the permit and fixed and replaced all that was needed.
Here where we are now.....no permits needed for much of anything , not the well, porches or fencing....but then again...I am in the middle of nowhere :lol:

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cockerel pic
IMG_20191010_150938912.jpg

You gave me a good idea there. I'll make a list and call some contractors before stressing DH out.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think tomorrow I'm going to take pictures of everybody else. My barn is messy and needs a mucking but pictures are quick. Then I can get to mucking before bringing wood into the garage and sawing and screwing things together. I want to get the run frame put together and in place tomorrow. The hardware cloth can be the next day when I have my already ripped pants and shoes on (thanks to hardware cloth). I've been avoiding building it because no matter what I do it seems the hardware cloth always gets me somehow.

Also, I need bantam hens. Old ones, young ones doesn't matter-just a healthy one or two. You don't keep bantams for eggs, after all. (ETA, he may get blue egger, green egger, or leghorn hens instead)

If I get done early I will be hitting up one of the NH Home Depots for bantam coop materials. Maybe DH won't notice. :hide

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Would putting up cow panels and T-posts be considered a fence? Just trying to help you out on breaking.....BENDING......the rules.
That was my suggestion back awhile ago. "Temporary fencing".... if someone complained, you could have it down before anyone could come back to check on it....