rachels.haven's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I assume they won't, it isn't like they are staying on purpose. Fortunately the resort is putting them up in the housing they rent during their work time and providing groceries. No way those "kids" (mostly college age, come here to make money) could afford that with no job.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bluebird Pond Erudite, aka Eri that I paid for earlier came to live here yesterday so her owner didn't have to feed her anymore. The new ND I got are changing my opinion on ND. ND are not supposed to be dominant snots with people, always trying to one up and bite you. Maybe I don't want to quit with them after all.
Sugar and Ava are on my mental sell list now for being default snots. Buckeye goes best with Ava and isn't super milky so he's probably on it as well. Count, the Lamancha chocolate buckling with all the Little Orchard in his pedigree is also under evaluation for his feet. I need to see that they want to behave or I don't want him on my does no matter how nice he is. Emi, one if the doelings that came with Count needs to be evaluated for feet too and I know it...but I don't want to (!) Saffron's babies are also in my list to list. Ava's new babies will probably be on the list as well. We won't be this high in numbers forever. Maybe we'll even make hay money.

The question is, when to list them taking the virus into consideration?

Ava's due date is next week. Time to start 2x daily checking ligaments. She is so sweet with late pregnancy hormones. This happened last year too. Maybe if I pull her kids... (plus she won't be able to pick one to reject when I milk her like she did to Ginger).

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
List them anytime you are ready to sell them, you should have buyers with this virus going on and people wanting to be more self sufficient..just put in your ad " practicing social distancing " and don't let potential buyers hang out or go in the barn (close quarters to you) , have them bring a leash , pay and leave...I think that is what I will be doing with rabbit kits and chicks in about three to six weeks...