rachels.haven's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hopefully the launch date is soon (after the virus) but I agree with him, putting a big project on your resume is a lot better than "I worked on a big project that I can't mention because it is still in development".

but then they will complain and/or post pics of you on the town fb page to make an "example" of people doing things they don't like, a little obnoxious
A LITTLE obnoxious????? No Rachel A LOT OBNOXIOUS! Gee I wonder why you find it difficult to live there. I guess if you want exercise and fresh air there you are supposed to drive to the gym. The fresh air part is where you walk from the car to the building??

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are precious dumb potatoes, but they are our neighbors, and we have to live with them. Makes for a very unhealthy social climate, I have to admit.
I really hate it when they pile on the teens though. I don't get it. Since when is adults bullying kids okay? To other adults to boot.

Oddly enough, the unmoderated group for the "rotten" rejects from the main town group is slightly better. So far they've limited most of the piling to college kids and other adults-and they still hate each other, but they are usually active aggressive socially and not as passive aggressive. Easier to tell who the crazies are, who the idiots are, and who is just plain mean. Better for avoiding and ignoring while still getting information and communicating as necessary.

Side note:The lady that threatened me about shooting coyotes always claims she "knows a guy" who validates her position or feelings in every conversation about everything she chimes in on and she is always in the "right" by her narration of her supposed brave (outrageous) exploits and confrontations. I believe she is one of the more valued town crazies. She may have still been a threat to me, but she is a pathetic individual worth avoiding apparently. I feel comfortable brushing her off now as a nut instead of worrying she's going to send her "friends" after me. They may exist, but only in a very, very loose definition of the word.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
And my house feels pretty homey! Especially after living in all this time. Lol, maybe I'll just social distance forever. Plus I'm healthier than I've been in over a year-no post church Tuesday strep throat, no Tuesday colds. Last week I noticed my throat felt different. Turns out if you don't get sick every week after church your tonsils and lymph nodes go all the way down after a few weeks and it feels GREAT.
I think I have no immunity to the bugs people carry here and a cold or strep throat every single week was more exhausting than I thought so this is a nice break, in that respect...or it would be without all the death and destruction.

Sheesh, strange times. I never thought I'd live through times like these.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's the plan. He's fairly flexible on where he lives. He likes walking and biking places and exploring. Here works, but just barely as it's very walker and biker unfriendly (narrow winding roads, people will avoid you, but then they will complain and/or post pics of you on the town fb page to make an "example" of people doing things they don't like, a little obnoxious-but i want my publicity post still).

He still wants his project to launch so it can not be a secret anymore and can have the pride of seeing it to the end-I guess he can also tell family and friends and put it on a resume then too. The virus put that off. His thing is cool, so I don't blame him. We'll see what happens after that (dlksjfsdkjfkfdj!!!). Moving this time has left us tired of moving-it was a very difficult move. I need out, but it's a balancing act.

Like you said, we need a good career opportunity, in a good place at a good time.

Ava's kidding date is tomorrow. Her ligs are stubbornly there, so we'll see. Summer the lamancha kids the week after.
All good things come in their own time. This is where you are for now. When you are supposed to move from there, the door will be there for you to open and go through it.

Latest posts