rachels.haven's Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
He also had the guy who used to do my lawns and weed eat, shoot the barn swallows, because they made a mess on his tractor..... never mind the mosquitoes they ate and all the other bugs.... I went off and I told William that under no circumstances was he to shoot the barn swallows.... landlord be d#@%d.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheesh, I paid $100 to HAVE feral cats placed on the property, and it was worth it and I should have gotten a few more. Darn landlord. He sounds like a piece of work. @farmerjan , I bet he will be over run when no one is waging the war. I hope you're rid of him soon.

We had a barn swallow tragedy this weekend. Last week about mid week, I found an almost fledgling swallow on the ground in the barn not doing so hot, so I put him back in his nest. Yesterday while I was milking he jumped out again trying to beg from his parents and smashed himself to death on the cement barn floor on impact because apparently the last early jump didn't teach him anything. His feathers would have been done coming out of their sheaths by Wednesday this coming week, and he could have just gone, but they were still pin feathers now, so no flight there. His parents checked out his dead body and left. No more barn swallows. There was only one in the nest. They're already not so smart as nestlings. They don't need some dense guy hiring out to shoot them. They really did a number on my barn carpenter bees and I'm grateful for that.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@rachels.haven I just realized I made these long posts on your journal, so I reported them and asked they get moved to my journal.. Sorry, I thought I was on my journal.... this internet won't change back and forth.... takes forever... and I was reading yours and tried to change to mine to make the "catchup posts"....

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ugh, the nigerian dwarf puppy mill lady who can't keep a civil tongue in her head in dwarf groups online, who told me no one cares about pedigrees, yet sells her pedigreed doelings for a minimum of $450 each (going up to...a lot), and told me I should give her one of my Rosasharn bucks for free so he doesn't "clog up my buck pen" and bring him to her over two hours away, is hounding me for information on the goats I'm selling.

I'm sorry, I'd rather eat my does than send them to a goat puppy mill. They don't deserve that life. And my time is worth enough to me that I'd rather not deal with crazy, self centered, rude people. Fb hasn't even shown her I've seen her message and she's already taking on an accusatory tone as she screams into the void. Lol, none of my time or my goats for you. I have better animal poo-poo to shovel.

Venting over. Dude, people are weird. Especially the slightly more expensive animal people who think they like tiny goats.
BACK TO MY HOLE TO HIDE!

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I fully realize that you are selling to whole different markets and all that..... one of the reasons that the stockyard is nice.... if someone is buying to take home and keep, they will find out who the seller is through the office. Mostly, they go to another farmer that will put them on pasture, or on feed, and I don't have to justify anything on the animals. No, I have no control over where they go, but I don't have to deal with crazy people like that idiot goat lady you are. I agree, better to eat them.