Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:weee:clap Really happy for the both of you! wow... Not much else to say, you pretty well covered it! :thumbsup

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm, sneaking up on you! Glad that went OK and the boss(es) was (were) OK with the interruption and quick exit from work. When you go up to visit him you need to show up 2 days early and check out the house, see if he uses a vacuum there as well ;)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sooooo.....
Alaska showed up a day early and surprised me at work! :D =D:weee:love:ep:celebrateWhen he walked in, I was just coming around the corner from the office, I couldn't see him clearly but my coworkers all seemed to recognize him at the same moment that I realized who he was. I took the side door out to the lobby and walked straight into his arms. For me, time stood still....I felt like I was in a dream. Later, everyone confirmed that the lobby did in fact go silent, coworkers were distracted, they all know who he is and recognized him, and the customers all turned to watch since their service paused for a few minutes. I did hear one say they weren't sure what they were seeing... but then the Dr mentioned that this was a big moment for me ....

We did a quick tour of the hospital, intro to everyone there and then I clocked out and ran home to start my weekend with McSteamy! While I was driving out of the parking lot, one of the Sanchas ran out and stopped me to tell me that he is HOT! :ep Uhhh YEAH!!! I know!!!! :p But it is nice that they agree with me! ;)

Since he showed up a day early, the house was messier than it should have been, I had plans to vacuum and clean the kitchen Friday morning, but he ended up sweeping and vacuuming for me. ( I hate the vacuum, so brownie points for that one. )

We met the inlaws and had our first real date. The Winchester Mystery house was a nice tour, and we did the extended tour that includes some rooms not on the original tour. He is a gentleman and treated me really well the whole weekend. I could totally get used to this! :D =D We had dinner at an Irish pub in Santana Row. It was busy and reminded me of when I lived there. He has mesmerizing eyes that are mostly blue with a gold band around the iris. In pics they appear brown, but in person, they are mostly blue. SIGH!!! I could look at them all day long!....:love
At one point this weekend I had a headache and was rubbing my head, only to burst a tiny bloodblister and have blood gushing all down my face.... pretty normal shenanigans around here, but they are representative of any normal day here in my everyday life.

We are very compatible and I think I may have found my one and only one!!!!:love
So happy for you! And him!

Did mr Alaskan steal my eyes?!?! My are the same other than I have a bit of green.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you everyone.... I was trying to add more, but the internet kept kicking me off!

So, to continue back from the beginning.....

He brought me 3 roses, red, white and yellow. Love, purity and friendship/sincerity. :love I added them to the carnations that were still looking nice from the flowers he sent me a month ago.

20180221_070822.jpg

He took me to dinner at a little mexican restaurant (basically a taco truck in a building) that I heard good things about, but hadn't tried yet. It was really good, a little spicy, but I like spice. :D =D

I introduced him to my neighbors and my BFF and her husband. My kid couldn't wait for us to pick him up, so he showed up at my BFFs to meet Alaska in person. This one likes him.:thumbsup

This first night, Wiley broke her E-collar, but her sutures looked great, so I though, well, we will see how she does. Not 2 hours later all but 1 stitch had been chewed out and the whole area was inflamed and swollen!!!!:he:he:he Duck tape and honey bandaged that and duct taped her E-collar back into useable shape. Asked a friend and coworker to come by while we were gone to check it out.:th

Doodles was pooping on the floor right in front of us, not even trying to be sly, and was startled so she ended up flinging poop that was hanging from her bum... all around the kitchen. :th

Speaking of poop... someone apparently left a dried up old turd in the dog blankets that were on the floor. :he:duc:barnieWTH!!!! seriously! Exactly the kind of impression we want to make on the new guy! OH COME ON!!!:th

He came out and helped water the goats..... :thumbsup

OK.... I think that gets us to the end of the first day....

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
@babsbag ... not selling all of them, though with Beast getting out the last 2 days, I would be tempted. I am just drastically downsizing, even some of my favs, need to get the attorney fees paid. No way around it. I am keeping Bailey and Rigatoni (she raises the BEST kids!) and a few others, but not all that I want to. The herd I started the year with is the one I wanted to keep. I will be trying to cut my nigi herd a little too, if I can, once kidding starts, but I am not fooling myself. I may not be able to cut much. I actually have a smallish herd.

And Ryders white doe kid could have sold 5 times over. That is the one Alaska named Mocha. She is solid and is going to be a fantastic, sturdy and pretty doe for her new owners. Ryder and both doe kids will be going home in a couple months, they are sold already. I am keeping Rigatonis doe kid as a consolation though.

@TAH ... His eyes are to die for! I wish mine were as pretty, you are very lucky to have eyes with so much color!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Exactly the kind of impression we want to make on the new guy! OH COME ON!!!:th
Ah, but they are giving you a chance to evaluate Mr. Alaska based on his reaction to their bad behavior ;)

You know what they say. No pictures? It didn't happen. Far as we know you made this guy up. :D

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's good that he gets to see your real life...no sugar coating. :)

Well... thankfully that isn't regular everyday life... I would kill my dogs if it were. :duc I can't stand inappropriate elimination.... puppies get a few months pass, rickety old companions get a little longer pass.... but everyone else needs to get and stay with the program or they are gone.

I had a bad day today. Woke up with migraine type symptoms.... but took my hippie magic stuff and they went away.:thumbsup

Beautiful Beast has been out the last 2 days. No biggie, but he needs to be contained before he decides to go over the girls fence. My neighbor helped me move (Macs) pen that Andy has been in, put Andy in with Mac and move Beast into Macs old pen... A little complicated..... welcome to my life. She was upset that Andy and Mac got into a pretty good tussle... but they are fine. Settled down after an hour or so. :th

When he was here, McSteamy fixed my chainsaw. I did get it started, but then the chain came off and I wasn't able to get it tightened. :(

He tried to talk me through figuring out a plumbing issue on my house.... Didn't go quite as planned and I am tired and frustrated. I love my house, but she is my own little version of hell on earth...:barnie I generally leave as much alone as I can for exactly that reason.....

BUT.... he said I could share some pics.... so give me a few minutes.... I'll tell you more about our date!:D =D