Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
So first thing in the morning, I went out to feed and someone came out barefooted, carrying the Doodle Brat, to come find me. Missed me and wanted to know where I was and if he could help. Then he helped me bake 2 batches of scones, packed up his truck, dropped my kid off at work and stopped to bring scones to the Sanchas and meet the one coworker that was most worried... and that hadn't been there when he arrived the day before. (She might still be a little skeptical, but since I came back OK, she may be warming up... maybe.o_O)

We stopped by the cemetery so he could pay his respects to his dad and so I could meet him. I am honored that he trusted me enough to allow me to accompany him on such a personal visit.

Then we went to meet his mom. ... I was crazy worried about that. But she was really sweet and quite delightful. She is feisty and a little sassy, very nice and welcoming. Seeing the 2 of them interact was alot of fun. I was sad for the both of them when we left.... Moms and their babies... something I know all too well.... my heart hurt a little for both of them having to say goodbye, but it was nice that they had a chance to visit.

That was the morning I woke up with a headache and then the blooblister issue .... :thand we were looking at a 4 hour car ride to get to my family. That was also about the time I realized that I probably didnt have enough caffeine the day before, cause I was too excited and forgot to drink my usual amount, hence the headache.... so we stopped at starbucks for a good dose and when I went to get back in the truck.... this is what I found!!!

20180224_171754.jpg
LOL! Apparently me and my crazy life weren't enough to scare him away!

I think he might just be able to handle this! If not... then too bad:old. All sales are final, no returns, no take backs and no tradesies!!! :plbb (To tell the truth, he already had my heart, :love:love:loveI was just waiting for him to catch up. I know we needed the face to face and I think it went ok despite everything!!! )

Soooo... here is us on our date at the Mystery House
IMG_20180217_164153649_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_0247.JPG

Attachments

• 20180222_224559 (1).jpg
    20180222_224559 (1).jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 53

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got more coffee the next morning and on the way to moms for brunch, I took him on a short tour of my childhood neighborhoods... The restoration on the house that used to be my grandmas was beautiful.

Mom and Dad like him alot. 2 of my brothers have given positive reviews and DS1 says "it seems like he has a good soul". DS2 is much more reserved, but that is OK. I offered to answer any questions or put him in direct contact with Alaska if he wishes, but for now, he is just not sure. That is OK. I know where he is coming from and this is all pretty new to him.

She hasn't met him yet, but DD is excited for me and happy that he treats me so well.

By the way.... He already booked my flight to Alaska over Easter. :D =D I was trying to figure out when I might be able to visit him, but he wanted me to come up during winter, not summer. Besides he has others coming up to see him during the summer. But he wouldn't give me an answer as to when winter might start this year.... so in exasperation, I asked if winter 2018 was cancelled in Alaska?!?! :ducApparently it was. o_O so I asked about Easter and apparently winter 2017 still had an opening for me....:lol: honestly, later in the year might be too long for me to wait anyway... But still, he didn't have to cancel the whole winter!!!:p

Last edited:

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope they didn't pay much for that artwork.

He looks like a very normal and nice guy, not a chainsaw massacre type at all. ;) So is that like a promise ring, an engagement ring, or just a ring? Very pretty. Can you take your goats to Alaska if you move? And what does he do for a living? What would you do for a job up there?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Very nice looking gentleman (I hope he's a gentleman :eek:) Then again, maybe that's not what you're wanting... a bad boy perhaps? Either way, you make a very good looking couple! Thanks for sharing the story and pics. Babs already asked what kind of ring it was given as, so I'll just wait on the answer. Hope you have a great winter 2017 Easter trip!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was also about the time I realized that I probably didnt have enough caffeine the day before, cause I was too excited and forgot to drink my usual amount, hence the headache
Oh, rebound headache! May be time to taper down on the caffeine a bit.

Anyone else see what I saw??? Suggestive??? or is it just me?o_O
Um, I think it is just you. Maybe I need a hint??

I agree, he looks like a nice, normal guy. Now have the cops do a background check ;)
Did I miss the part where he has family in/near your city???? Guess I must have since I thought all the visits would be to YOUR relatives and only he would be in the hot seat.

@babsbag asked some good questions :pop

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
The ring is a promise ring. We are officially off the market. Sorry everyone else! :)

Hmmmm....to me it looks like there are a couple of "swimmers" in that pic... :hu

That is what I saw.... sperm and eggs.... I would expect artwork like that in a fertility clinic, reproduction lab, Drs office, AI center.... but it doesn't seem even remotely subliminal in a hotel room....:oops: :th I just laughed and took the pic. :hu

Here is Alaska in Alaska
DSC06561-2.jpg

And another pic of us at the house
Nick n I at the Mystery House.JPG

Latest posts