Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've got faster internet!!! :weee Alaska called our provider for me and asked whatever questions you ask when you know about these things.... they came out and switched out some equipment and for just a few dollars more a month I am getting much faster internet than before. :woot Less excuses to go to Starbucks....:eek::eek:.... Well, I can always use the excuse that I need to pick up my kid or meet a friend....:D =D

Wiley is in the doghouse. She picked a fight with Beaux and now the side of her face is swollen!:somad That is what you get when you pick a fight with a bigger stronger dog! So she is is getting kenneled and separate yard time for now. I am really mad at her, the little jerk!:old

Marley, my canadian goose, almost flew away... A trio was flying overhead and she was calling to them, A young bird dropped out to come see her. He hung around with her for about 20 minutes, then they both took off, but she chickened out at the orchard. He circled back for her a few times. The neighbor called, concerned that they were in an unsafe yard (big shepherds that will eat them), but by the time I left for work, the youngster had taken off and she was back in one of our pens. I'm a little sad for her,:( I would love for her to be free. I know she shouldn't cause she is domesticated, but if she wants to , I would love her to be who she was born to be.

Looking forward to my trip to Alaska! :weeeOnly 3 more weeks! Looking for ginger stuff to take with me for the flight....

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alaska sent me a few things.... Jeans in a smaller size... (they do fit, but very snug, so I am trying to be better at eating well and working out!), a new hose since the one I use to water all the farm animals is cracked in 5 places, maybe 10 years old and a real pain.... a repair kit for hoses, he sent me his camera so I can take pics of my animals I am trying to sell, since mine is on the fritz, and a headlamp for feeding in the dark....
20180224_202343.jpg

My coworkers made me this....
20180305_185200.jpg

They used her pawprints from the card they made for my kids when she passed. The purple is the same color as my front living room walls.Of course I cried when they gave it to me.

Yesterday, I tried to set up a creep feed area for baby boers. I turned one gate upside down. Hopefully they will learn to squeeze under it. for now, the gate is open so everyone can get used to the area. The biggest baby is soooo stunning!!! The first person to see him (at just about a week old) was smart enough to snatch him up. He is one of the youngest, but the biggest by far, long and wide!!!!:love
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG

This child is only 43 days old!!!!:ep I am going to try and get a weight when the human kid gets home from work.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wow... he sent you pants a size smaller? :ep:th:hide You sure the two of you aren't already married or something? :lol: Glad you took it so kindly... Not quite the same as a bouquet of roses or box of chocolates (which would defeat the idea of the pants after all...). I guess it is nice that he's sending you gifts that you can use... I never would have considered sending any lady friend of mine a hose repair kit... :lol: or a head lamp... sensible gifts after all considering... I must say, those are some serious fashion statements on your feet there! :lol: Tell him next gift pack he needs to send some mukluks or alternatively some flip flops ;)

Good luck with the ongoing eating healthy. I keep trying... :confused: Those are some really nice looking kids you've got there! So are you going to sell out or try to bring some up to the arctic with you when you go?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Really nice of your coworkers to think of ya and comfort ya in such a nice way. Glad things are going well for ya in the relationship department as well. You certainly make it very difficult to hold to not getting boers...I tell ya....those are some really nice kids and if ya were closer I don't think I could resist getting a few of them....I still swoon over the bunch from last year....:love

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol! Those are DS3s big feet in the chewed up sandals. I asked him to put shoes on... apparently that's as close as we get around here.:D =D

And Alaska did send me some nice 4 inch high heeled dress up kind of boots and some other outfits that I preapproved of... but that I can't share on here.... (nothing too racy but....;))

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments on the goats .... i think they are pretty good looking myself. This combo of Beautiful Beast and Bailey (and Rigatoni) is a really nice one. I am thrilled at the size, confirmation and colors we are getting. I am downsizing alot, but goats are coming with me. I need goats milk for my coffee and goat meat now that I know how much I like it. You can take the princess of the goats out of California but I dare you to try and take her goats from her!!! Anyone wanna try it? :D =D

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Busy week... Brie had twins, buck and doe. She waited til I got home from work so I could be there. She had the buck and then seemed to be done. So I fed and did farm chores, water buckets, etc,... just sticking around to be sure. waiting for the placenta. A couple hours are almost up, I had already cleaned up and put towels away, moved the kid to the shelter as the rain started up, when she started pushing. I assumed it was the placenta until I saw feet!!! Silly girl! The buck is a very pretty black and tan with white, the doe is a black and lighter tan with moonspots.:thumbsup

The next day at lunchtime, Reese decided she needed help. She has for the last several kiddings so I was on watch. Turns out the crazy old lady had 4 in there!!! This is the doe that gave us 5 one year, so not too unexpected.The one is super tiny so she is being bottle fed. 3 does and one buck here. :celebrate

ANd then yesterday Fancy decided to give us twins too, buck and doe. She put tons of big beautiful spots on the buck of course!!! and then forgot to decorate the doe...:th And both she and my nubian buck have tons of spots between them. :idunno

:weeeThats 8 dairy kids in 4 days!!! Good job ladies!!!:weee

2 weeks until I fly to Alaska!!! Getting nervous about the flight now...:confused:
Reese quads.jpg
nubian buck kid.jpg
nubian doe kid.jpg

Latest posts