Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh...just take plenty of pics on your phone of those little Cuties and keep looking at them during the flight to keep your mind occupied and daydream about them....just keep scrolling thru them and ya will be there before ya know it....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Brie had twins, buck and doe. She waited til I got home from work so I could be there.
She forgot to read the "doe code" book?

You'll be fine on the flight, look out the window at the scenery. What airline, Alaska maybe? My Dad flew them all the time between Portland Oregon and So. Cal.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
She forgot to read the "doe code" book?

She is just the best Nubian on the planet!!! :love And one of the quietest too. She really only gets loud when she is missing a kid, like can't see or remember where she left the new ones :barnie, if they have gone to new homes... or if I'm late to milking by a lot.

Yes its Alaskan. I just get super car sick, always have... I am already feeling the stress physically, getting some anxiety signs, and I know its about the flight. I really dislike travel. I bought several ginger based items that I can take on the plane since I can't have the one thing that I know works (Reeds Ginger Beer). I have crystals to add to water, ginger pieces, ginger candies, ginger B6 and magnesium powder, patches for behind my ear, and the sea bands (those actually hurt after a little while)..... and looking out the window, typically makes it worse. I survived a flight to Virginia, 17 years ago, if not well, I made it in one piece... but I wasn't looking forward to ever flying that far again. :thIf I drive, I generally can control the speed, etc and it isn't so bad, but I am pretty sure they won't let me fly the plane! (And that wouldn't really help much anyways... besides its not like I know how!!!)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too bad they don't sell Reed's on the other side of the security gates :(

Bonine or Dramamine not an option for you? I've not used the wrist bands though I've heard they work pretty well for some people. DW's parents, one of her cousins and her cousin's husband went on a National Geographic Antarctic cruise last month (returned on the 9th). I guess the seas were running pretty well and cousin's DH is one that gets seasick but the bands worked for him. BTW, age range in the group of four was 73 to "will be 93 on the 25th".

Good luck and don't stress away the days between now and your trip! :hugs

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve now read your whole journal and can’t wait to follow along. I’ve laughed and cried with you. I can’t imagine the issues with the first DH (insert whichever word for d instead of dear ;)) and actually wondered when you were going to announce you were separated before you actually did. I’m so glad that you’ve found someone that makes you happy. I hope that the DS that isn’t sure yet comes around and DD’s expectations are met when she meets him. Enjoy your trip to Alaska! I hope that it’s everything you’ve always wanted!!!

I am in love with your Nigerians! I know color doesn’t milk but a chocolate goat would definitely be candy here! Of course, it would have to meet certain requirements but would be one of the best presents ever!

I used to have Boers. No spots but yours make me wish that we did. I sold out when we switched to dairy.

I don’t know that I’m brave enough to have geese. Still trying to talk my DH into ducks...maybe next year.

I don’t do housecats (though Oscar wanders in and out) but love several of my barn kitties. I could easily be the crazy dog lady, though my numbers are currently down to 4. Most are holding their breath waiting for me to change that! Lol

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
DD1 wanted me to pick up "both kinds" of Dramamine today. Well the grocery store pharmacy had THREE kinds. The new (at least to me) one is ginger, no "drugs". Maybe that would work for you?? Can't hurt right? You could always dissolve it in a can of ginger ale and call it ginger beer.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, welcome @Wehner Homestead to my little corner of the interwebs....and welcome to everyone else, friend or otherwise, that might be following me along on my many misadventures called life. :D =D

I actually have another one for y'all.

So I introduced Rico Stinko Suave a little while ago. We spent a couple months getting his damaged little body better from some really extensive wounds. Bandage changes every other day... or twice a day on bad days!! Read that as... days Doodle Box decided to take his bandages off cause she is a little turd nugget!!!!:p Anyhow, Doodles and Rico were put in the yard to go potty before I left for work on Saturday. Front yard since Doodles climbs out of the backyard fence. Well.... they decided to test the gate and I guess it wasn't actually latched so they took off. I couldn't find them so I went to work, woke up the kid and asked him to try and find them. Apparently Doodles had climbed back into the back yard with Wiley, the same yard I can't put her in because she gets out!!!:thBut Rico was missing. :( I asked all the neighbors and J, the neighbor across the way, spent hours helping me look, asking around to other houses when I was working etc.... I got a call from the neighbors that he was spotted in a field on Monday. I ran out there and searched, called, nothing. I drove around on all the access roads to the orchards for almost another hour before giving up and going back to work. I went back that night with Beaux, hoping maybe he would see or hear Rico when I couldn't. we walked and drove for over an hour, calling until my voice was sore. Nothing. Yesterday around 3:30, his former owners called to say that animal control had him, the microchip company had called the breeder, who called them etc...anyway, animal control had taken him to the other vet in town cause he was injured when someone that lived near the field had found him. My coworkers called that vet, animal control, etc,... until we were able to get him transferred to us (as the vet to treat him) and officially returned to me. We had to sedate him immediately and it turned out that he had dislocated his hip and had a new small wound over his newly healed scar on the other leg. :barnie The Dr was able to get it back in, sutured his new hole and put a little stitch in his lip too. The suspicion is hit by car, but... he is not a real dog and he was outside in real weather, in real farm land, for several real days and nights. He hates rain, cold and all kinds of real weather, he prefers to be in Beaux or Wileys big dog beds piled in with all the rest of the crew... could have been anything, including the horse or goat in the one pasture near the field he was seen in.... Who knows? But the field was near the freeway... I am counting my blessings as I type this. :old

OK confession... I totally cried when I go the news that he was found. Another confession... I kissed his stupid face when I picked him up out of ACs truck when she brought him to us. :hide Another confession... when I saw him today and he started his stupid little gremlin noises once he saw me... I melted and let him kiss my face, stinky breath and all.:love I hate doggie kisses... but I was too relieved. Everyone said that even though he was so out of it yesterday, he would wag his tail when I kissed him. I didn't see it, but I am glad. I took him a long time to come out of his shell and act like a normal dog around me, I am glad I get to be his person. We are back to cage time and limited movement, but he is home. Darn Gremlin!!! I love you Rico Stinko Suave!

Oh, and it is raining. I love rain! and now that I'm not as worried about Rico, I can enjoy it... until Spellbound kids...she is due any day now. She is one of my favorite nigerians.

Oh, and the little itty bitty nigerian from the quads didn't make it. :(

And I had to to put down my DS2s old show rabbit, Mocha. She was old, but still, it was sooo hard. She was a great little rabbit, so tolerant of the kids. She was a little fuzzy lop. She won a few awards for him as well as allowing him and other kids to use her for showmanship and learning how to show a rabbit for round robins. I haven't told him yet, he is going to be crushed. He will be here for a few days next week. :(

I think that is about it... I have had quite a week. Im exhausted.

Oh and I saw the ginger Dramamine pills. I think they are more expensive than just buying ginger capsules, but if all the rest of the stuff doesn't work, I might try that next time... I got a whole bag full of ginger based stuff plus the patches and the powders, including ginger crystals for a tea... crossing my fingers. :fl

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rico Stinko is doing better. He had really bloody urine for several days. Today it looks less bloody. :fl He has been taking his pills OK, but his appetite has been limited so I finally caved and added duck broth to his food. :hide

Doodles has learned to hunt for eggs in the dog house!!!:rant The dogs dont use it, it is a chicken shelter/nesting spot in the front yard. She was upset when I took the egg away from her today. I don't know if she will do it, but I like to teach the dogs to give me everything, even if it is really delicious... I will give them even better rewards... but she is pretty stubborn, so it might not work. I would love to have the dogs fetch me the eggs every morning if they aren't stealing and eating them. :old

Spellbound had twin bucklings on one of our rainy days.:celebrate

Yesterday we had a girls day adventure and we ended the night at the bar to celebrate one of my Sanchas birthdays. It was fun, but I was the first to head out around midnight. Had to drive home from a town over, so I only had one beer at the start of the night and then just hung out for the company.

We also have to celebrate one of my friends passing her VTNE (national vet tech test) so I am making pizza bombs for her at her request. She was asking for garlic bombs at the same time someone else was asking for pizza scones and the combo sounds even better....:drool

4 days until I fly to Alaska!!! :barnie:barnie:barnie

K, I gotta go do stuff!!! See you later!