Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve tried to have goldfish in my 300 gallon metal stock tank, but the summer sun did them in, varmits and birds that eat fish, poor goldfish didn’t stand a chance.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We put a couple of concrete blocks in the water troughs for the fish to be able to swim under and hide in; even put in 2 pots of water plants These troughs all have continuous water running through them... mostly slow flow but the water comes in from the water source and goes out an over flow. So the water never gets too hot even in the summer... but we don't have Texas sun and heat either. if they are troughs on float systems, the water still gets replenished... Our biggest thing is for them getting eaten by the blue herons...

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce Ill try to get you some pics of my flower pots in a bit, 2 of my flowers are just raging, gorgeous!

Sad update:

This last weekend I woke to find a 300 lb goat shaped hole in my heart! My Fancy Filly passed in her sleep and was laid to rest under the jujube tree. :hitI know she was on borrowed time. I begged the big man upstairs to spare her years ago when she was on deaths door and he granted me these last 2 years with my lovely doe. I promised I wouldnt care if she never gave me another kid or milk, I just needed her company and I got my wish. She is the silly girl that would "sing" to me by squeaking the bars on the horse panels with her mouth. She always made me laugh and I loved to lose myself in her deep brown eyes as she gazed lovingly back. She would pause after eating a better part of her dinner to come over for some loving if I was sitting on the stump drinking my beer. I have one of her twins Summer Romance and used him over 2 does this year. All our nubian kids go back to my favorite girl and hopefully one of these days, Ill get one that is the spitting image of her. She was my "champagne bubbles doe", I remember being so giddy on the day I brought her home! :loveRight now, my little herd just feels too quiet, ironic I guess since she was really extremely quiet... I just dont know how to describe it. She was a formidable doe due to size alone... but she was a snuggly gentle giant. Only 1 of my biggest boer bucks was ever as big as her. This hole in my heart left in her wake feels massive.

You know, some day... I want to find myself a prince charming that adores me as much as Fancy did... And if I do, then I will love him as much as I loved Fancy.... and that is how I will know it is the real deal!!!! :old

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My heart breaks for you. I’m so sorry that you lost your loving girl. I hope another special one is born that loves you just as much if not more.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the condolences, I knew y'all would understand.

IMG_0502 (2).JPG
IMG_0503 (2).JPG
These were taken about 3 months ago, Feb 26 2022.... My pretty,pretty girl!! The one screaming in the background is her grandbaby, Cherry Chevre! Wait for meeeeee!!!!! The one thats winning the race is Shenanigans, Fancys little sidekick. Miss me some Fancy. I love all my goats, some more than others, but this one!!!! I think she stole my very soul!