Raising a lonely chick

Granny Heeney

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Granny Heeney.......your names for chickens are MEAN;). Do you have an Omelette too?

I didn't do that, they were gifted to me by my bestie--she hatched them and kept them til after they started laying but decided to go full-time into Gold, White, and Silver Duckwing Phoenix, so I inherited them. :D They were her first experience in raising from eggs and she had originally intended to butcher at one year, so she named them in an attempt to "keep it real." ...And it didn't help. LOL She came to me in tears when her hubby gave an ultimatum. :-o "I have to give them away or we have to freezer them" sort of thing. Being BRs, they are the friendliest, sweetest, cuddliest things alive. So we got a coop, 4 hens that laid their wee hearts out, and Golden Comet roo Leroy who proved to us all that evil does truly exist. ;) My new additions are Mollie (silkie/Legbar), Pearl (Light Brahma) and 9 Volt, who is a sublimely goofy Old English Bantam roo rescue and house chicken. :D His feet are wonky and we're still working on trimming his beak; here's a pic from when we first got him.
9volt.jpg