Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
He was the vet who saw the dog for an exam and vaccines before I groomed it so he knew it was her dog. I get that alot when the dog looks totally different after it gets a haircut. Clients are so shocked!

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
This doesnt make any sense. I have a Toshiba laptop that I can connect either wifi or to the router directly. Lately, I have been hardwire connecting directly to the dsl modem<att> for, I hope, a safer connection. This morning, it was working just fine connected via ethernet. I did some errands, came back home, connected again, but the service light went red every time I hooked up the computer. When I disconnected the computer, it went green again within a few seconds. I even went in and re-entered the password just to make sure. No go.
Im on it now, connected via ethernet. Its working fine. The only thing different is before when it was acting up, I had the computer hooked up to charge up the battery since it was low. I dont have the power cable hooked up now and the internet is working fine. Go figure.
@Baymule, I looked at that site you gave me for the arncare but unsure which one to order? Im really not sure if I have the beginning stages of arthritis and should order that or just get the pain gel?

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
On another note, last night I went over to my parents house to help my Mom with some stuff. My Dad has just been told, a few months ago, he is in remission for cancer. He had to do chemo and some other stuff I dont remember. Even though he is in remission, he is still having health problems. He has said, several times, even though he is suppose to be in remission, his body tells him differently. He has lost alot of weight, understandably, from the treatments and some of the medications. He has gained back some, but still looks awful. It really bothers me when he says his body tells him diffently. Of course, you know your own body, so you do know when something isnt right. My Dad is 85. It just sounds to me that he is giving up or has given up. Even thinking about it makes me upset.
I wish there was something I could do to make him feel better or get him something to make him more comfortable.
Its just hard watching someone who was so vibrant just give up like this.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dad. Mine was in remission as well, after each round of chemo, until it came back. After the third round of chemo he decided he wasn't going for a fourth round. It took him, but something is going to take all of us at some point. Fighting it only prolongs the inevitable. I hope when his time comes he can manage the pain and go out on his own terms, peacefully.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use the Arnicare cream and we use Arnisport tablets. I like the information I read on the Arnicare Arthritus, think I'll get that too!

I am so sorry that your Dad is battling cancer. My own Daddy died of bone cancer. It is a painful horrible disease. If your Dad has decided that he is not going to fight it any longer, respect his decision, love him, be there for him and be there to help your Mom pick up the pieces of her life. it's tough any way you look at it. Big hugs.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I almost got the cream, but as usual, second guessed my decision. Thats also why I do poorly on multiple choice test questions. o_O
Its just tough watching him getting so frail. On one hand, I understand, but you get angry because there isnt anything you can do about it. :(
We know there probably isnt much time left. One more Fathers Day. Mom and I both feel he wont make it to his next birthday in September.
My brother came down last Christmas as a suprise. I had called him and said it would make Dad happy and thought it was a good idea for him to come.
I will be there for Mom when the time comes. Hopefully it will be more time than we think.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to put my kids on the school bus, then drive 45 minutes to go see my Daddy. We’d laugh, joke and cut up, then I cried all the way home. He was bed ridden for a year and suffered so much. I was with him when he died and cried tears of relief for him because he wouldn’t be in pain any more. Use this time as best as you can to love him and to realize that he doesn’t want his life extended for more suffering. It’s coming like a freight train and there isn’t anything you can do to stop it. Big hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts