Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I feel stuck too. Taking care of DD2 and dealing with critical patients and all of my home/farm responsibilities wears on me some days.

I personally feel you are doing a bang up job.:thumbsup There are not too many people who can deal with the things you are right now. I dont know how you do it all. When I read your posts about your daughter and see her in the braces, I think, one day she will run in the Olympics.:weee Just like Wilma Rudolph did. She showed them, didnt she? You are a strong person to handle everything you have on your plate.:hugs If you lived closer, Id be over to help. I hate sitting around. We all have those days where we just want to whine and complain, its good to vent. But getting stuck on that road can be hard to get off of. I blame mine on menapause< its my excuse and Im sticking to it!>:plbb
I have been thinking long and hard about quitting and finding something else, but Id like to have something else before I quit. Just getting burned out. Its normal in this line of work. So I take alot of time off now. :) This job is close to home<20 mins> which is better than the hour long drive I used to do for 20 years. I need to get out more but once I get home, Im so tired and have so much to do, I dont want to. I do feel something will come along to change this path Im on. Either its an opportunity I make or one will be presented. Just have to be patient.
Your a great Mom. Your daughter is lucky to have you in her corner.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only thing I’ve ever done for 30 years is keep breathing. I must be pretty good at it because I’ve been breathing for 63 years. I had all kinds of jobs. I’d get tired of something, then find something different.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only thing I’ve ever done for 30 years is keep breathing. I must be pretty good at it because I’ve been breathing for 63 years. I had all kinds of jobs. I’d get tired of something, then find something different.

Thats what Im considering. Problem is, this job makes me alot of money and finding a job that pays me alot of money without any training is hard to find. I had thought about pet sitting or something like that. It doesnt snow around here much, so that wouldnt hurt trying to get to someone's house to let their Fifi out to pee in the snow. :)

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guess you'll have to weigh both the pros and cons in switching from grooming to pet sitting...I have thought about switching jobs many times and have actually applied to some other jobs. But in the end, I'm still here. I've been at this job for 8 years now, I know I can't get the same pay if I go some where else, would have to take a pay cut and I don't have to pay for insurance at all. I have thought about going back to school and get a different degree but I just can't see spending that money at this point in my life.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thats why I havent gone back either. Its just too expensive now. Thats why Im still grooming. I wouldnt be able to find a job that pays as well as this one does. If I could find one, Id be out of here tomorrow. :)

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, that would be great!! Id love a job like that, too. My sister had a job at the post office but quit a while back. I could of slapped her. For all the benefits and paid holidays and insurance......what was she thinking? :he
You just get tired of the routine. :barnie Most of the time I dont get to stop to even eat anything. It gets frustrating. My hands are sore and stiff alot so I dont know how much longer I can do this. :confused:Hopefully until I can save some more. Only time will tell.
20160914_123819 (1).jpg
Before

20160914_150347 (1).jpg

After. The vet had to convince the owner this was her dog. She didnt recognize it! :lol:
20160211_075121.jpg

Before

20160211_120432.jpg

After

IMG_20140110_150612.jpg

My first attempt at a Bichon show cut. Was a nervous wreck doing this dog! :barnieIMG_20140618_101030.jpg
:hu

35lb cat I shaved. He was better to groom than some dogs I do. :idunno

Thought I would post some pics of some of the pets Ive done.
I dont consider myself great but ok. I think every pet I do looks terrible, but thats just me. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.