Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know. I keep plastic on the chairs and it mostly helps, but doesnt always stay put. I woke up this morning to another pee spot on the couch. I keep him off the armchair by keeping a clothes basket on it. Im getting another plastic matress cover for the bed to put over it when Im not home or forget to close the bedroom door. Its normally closed when im not in there but sometimes I dont close it right away and the animals dash in.
My other option is locking him in the bathroom at night or when Im not home. Might try that see if that works. As long as he doesnt keep me up meowing it might work. This is when I wish I had a basement.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is your cat neutered? We didn't get DD2's cat neutered when he was a few months old because *I* think it is better to let them grow with their hormones. But a few months ago besides wandering around the house at all hours yowling a lot he started peeing on random stuff. So for her birthday (early May) I paid to get him fixed at ~18 months (he was a 'here is a farm looking place, bet they need a cat" drop-off :somad). No more peeing or yowling after that.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, he is neutered. Has been since 6mnths. This is related to whatever is causing his jaundice. I think its the liver, and need to have the vet recheck him again. He still isnt eating and he isnt using the litter box. He is peeing everywhere but. Right now he is banished to the bathroom. Instead of the litter box, he peed on my bathroom rugs. Dont know what to do right now. Had to wash bed cover and sheets AGAIN last night. He must of peed on them before I got him into the bathroom.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hate to be mean but a .22 will solve the issues permanently... :hide I mean, there's something wrong with that animal... I can understand your frustration/anger/aggravation. It's not going to be much of a life banished to a bathroom or closet to contain his messes...

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dont worry. Im not offended.o_O I have thought of the same thing, actually. Dr. wants me to bring him in tomorrow to be put on fluids for a couple days. If he doesnt improve, Kitty isnt coming home. I dont like keeping him in the bathroom either, but right now, its my only option before I clean the .22.
As it is now, after using the blacklight, I have found areas that are alot worse than I thought. :he I will have to replace all the floors in the house in the event of moving, whenever that happens. :somadThe wood floors I have now were only good for 10 to 15 years anyway. Its cheap laminate I got from Home Depot. So those will be done when I sell the house. :th:barnie This is another reason I am not replacing animals after they pass away, either from my help or natural causes. I can make it look like an accident, though.v:hide The cops would never know.:duc

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Update.............Demon, my cat that I told you was sick, just passed away here at the hospital. I brought him in for IV fluids and keep him here couple days, hoping it would help, but it was too late. They put him on IV's but he crashed shortly after. Last night, he was still perky, but laying around and not eating or drinking. I gave him fluids at home last night hoping it would help until I got him in here today. He crashed and they did CPR and oxygen, and was going to give him a blood transfusion, but the CPR didnt help, and when the Dr. checked for a heartbeat, there was none, so I told them to stop.
Im going to miss that little bleep. He was such a character. Im going to be a mess the rest of the week. Maybe for a while.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry you lost Demon Rammy :(
The vet has no idea what was wrong with him?

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry you lost Demon Rammy :(
The vet has no idea what was wrong with him?
It was his liver. BUN was 14. Seriously, he should of been in there the whole time on IV fluids. But the Dr. thought at the time it was some sort of infection so thats why the antibiotics and fluids at home. Right after they put a catheter in him and started the IV he crashed. I think his body went into shock. They got him back a couple times, but the last time the Dr. checked his heart after manually stimulating it and finding no heartbeat, I told him to stop. He wasnt coming back. I saw no point in continuing. Now he is in kitty heaven with all my other pets. I will see them all one day again.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
We lost one about 8 years ago to liver failure, I don't know that there is much they can do for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.