Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think possibly more than liver. Even though he was getting 150 ml of fluids every other day per instructions from the Dr. he wasnt urinating very much. Beginning of the week he was, but past couple days, not alot for the fluids he was getting. Last night, I gave him some, and a few hours later, the fluids were was gone. Also, when I was giving him fluids, it spread out instead of making a big egg type bubble. I thought that was strange and told the tech and she said it was due to him being so dehydrated. Probably will never know what caused it or why. He is very, very very missed.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Is this the same cat we were discussing going pee all over the house? Regardless, sorry that he's passed but this does solve the other major issues you had. I hope he wasn't in too much pain. There will be other animals to soak up the love you now have to spare. :hugs

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
He certainly didnt seem to be in pain. Even the night before I let him out of the bathroom and he wanted to cuddle and be petted. We snuggled for few hours watching tv together. I gave him his fluids later on. Just a shock that he died when they did IV fluids. That wasnt the outcome I was expecting today.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awww..... I am so sorry about your kitty. Our pets love us unconditionally and when they leave us, there is a lonely gap in our lives. it makes it even worse that he was so sick and miserable. While you miss him, he is not in pain and sick any more. Small comfort, because we are selfish and we want them back, in good health, to play with and love until the end of OUR days, but it doesn't work that way. Big hugs.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Havent been around lately except to read some posts and do my serial liking. :)
Got some more bad news about one of my pets yesteday. Cosmo, a shihtzu I have had for over ten years, was diagnosed with cancer yesterday. I had noticed him losing a little weight. Last Friday, when I was bathing him, I felt some lumps around his throat. I had a Dr. here check them, he had thought it was just something causing them to swell and was going to give me antibiotics. Couple days ago, I felt another lump around his right shoulder so I had a different vet check him over and she did some blood work on him and said it was full of lymphocytes, which indicates cancer. I had already suspected that but this confirms it. We are putting him on prednisone to help with the tumors from either getting larger or help maybe decrease the swelling. Sometimes he is having trouble swallowing so I have been feeding him canned food and breaking up his treats because he tends to inhale instead of chewing and passes out for a minute. The Dr. said she didnt feel he was in pain. She said if he starts having chronic diarrhea or having trouble swallowing worse than it is now, its probably time to consider the inevitable. This sucks because I will have another pet that I have to put down or will lose this year. Right now, just going to make him as comfortable as possible. He still is eating good and loves his treats, so hopefully he will stay a little longer, but I dont think its going to be much longer.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry Rammy... This is the time period of pet ownership that really sucks. Hope you let him go before he starts suffering. :hugs

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wont let him suffer. Right now he acts like he always does. The vet didnt think he was in any pain. Im going to watch him for problems like having trouble swallowing and chronic runs. If he keeps getting worse, guess it will be time to let him go also. Yeah, when your pets go before you do, its never easy. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.