Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
This morning I kept getting this pop up on my phone everytime I came here saying my video player was out of date and I had to upgrade to continue. I checked my phone for virus and malware and unistalled a few apps to be sure but wondered if anyone else has had this happen? I didnt hit anything but the back button so I could continue reading posts and had to turn down the volume since there was a voice msg saying I had to install this to keep reading this forum. Im thinking, ok, Ive never needed a video player to read this before. I cbecked online and its a possible virus attempt hence my rebooting in safe mode and unistalling the last two apps I put on here, Spotify and Science Channel Go. Anybody have this happen too?

I haven't had the problem here or anywhere else, but I do not allow any app to auto load or any video to autoplay which happens LOTS of times within ads. Different ad vids or animations need different apps and programs to run and the ad business has become so overpowering and so arrogant, some now try to dictate to you what apps you should have on your phone or computer and will barrage you with popups until you install them. :barnie:he:mad:

OR it could well be that some nefarious entity is trying to get you to install some software so they can include some nasty payload..

Last edited:

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I considered that. It only happens on my phone when I am on this site though. I have used my phone to go to other sites I have saved in my bookmarks and do not get that message. It happens on Chrome or the Samsung Internet browsers. It doesnt happen on the computer or my iphone. I have cleared the cache and the data for both browsers and did not get that message for a day, then its started again. Ive checked it for virus's and malware and nothing is found. So its confusing to me why Im getting that message. When I do, a pop up comes up to install this video player but I dont. I just back out of the browser and restart the page. Not sure whats going on I also do not allow automatic updates on any apps I install. The only thing I did install but deleted it was a song I got from a website that wasnt google play. I cleared that out but am still getting the message. Im gonna hate having to do a factory reset if thats the case, but so far havent noticed anything unusual or any apps on my phone I didnt put there.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My husband called me one time on his cell phone to tell me that he couldn't find it. I had some fun out of THAT one! I told him all sorts of places to go look, all the while he is ranting and raving because he couldn't find it. I had him going out to look in his truck, looking all over the house...….finally I asked him what was he talking to me on. Huh? What's in your hand, what did you call me on? The light was slowly dawning...…. followed by YOU *ITCH!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.