Remuda1-Haps and Mishaps at KB Farms - Poor little Lambies ;)

Remuda1

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks guys, for the well wishes.

Can you imagine having to deliver a baby that was that big---he looks like he is about 1/4 of her size (not weight-wise but length and height I mean).

NO, and I don't want to try to imagine it, LOL :).

I tend to have a hard time deciding when it's time to help, but when she was laying down pushing, I could see that her skin was trying to split a little bit so I got a glove on and checked her. It was clear THAT head wasn't going to be coming out of THAT little hole, so I made the dreaded "hubby call" to ask him to come to the barn. He really hates any kind of medical drama (trauma) lol, so he is a trooper when I need him to help.

Weight is 13.2 pounds this morning. I'm feeling glad to be able to enjoy the rest of the lambings and kidding going on with you all now. Wishing all of you the best of luck and smooth, easy birthings for all.

goodolboy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
If it's makes you feel better, we pulled a 19 1/2 lbs. lamb last year. Both, ewe and lamb, were ok.

NOTE:They were of the wooly type.

Remuda1

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:lol: I don't know about a spa day but she definitely got pain meds. Probably lucky she didn't prolapse but her hooha looks a little rough around the edges It's rainy and nasty here so they're still penned up, nice and dry.

Remuda1

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It's so stressful here for them..... They are already worn out this morning from all of the nursing and lamb races :). Enjoy!

Look, he's already got a wrinkly nose!

DSCN1497_zps67541579.jpg

Shhh, baby sleeping.

DSCN1522_zps86d7c47b.jpg

Don't forget the sunscreen!

DSCN1524_zps631cb25a.jpg

Where'd I put my shades?

DSCN1542_zpsc7b42c3e.jpg

Oh look, she has the camera!

DSCN1543_zpsad66d0ce.jpg

Smile!

DSCN1538_zps9e0e2010.jpg